Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former IUP players, coaches in Italy

Interesting article about the Franco brothers. According to the article, they gave up their jobs at IUP for this opportunity.

Franco brothers on Italy football team

http://www.altoonamirror.com/sports/...2/thats-amore/

Re: Former IUP players, coaches in Italy

Seems more like banished to exile than opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP Ebbs View Post
      What the hell are you talking about? People pay big money to go to Italy for a few weeks. They are getting expenses paid for months to truly experence a country deep with history. Take your IUP glasses off, there is much more to life than being apart of the IUP program.

Comment

I'll take Florence, Italy over Florence, Alabama anyday. Jus sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
          I'll take Florence, Italy over Florence, Alabama anyday. Jus sayin.

Or Clymer.

Comment

It's not about the location it's about career progression. Interested football in Italy is not a career enhancing move.

Florence is a nice place to visit. But like so many other tourist destinations, it isn't as nice to lvr in year round.

Comment

It's not about the location it's about career progression. Interested football in Italy is not a career enhancing move.

Florence is a nice place to visit. But like so many other tourist destinations, it isn't as nice to lvr in year round.
              So the Franco's should adopt your system of values? I couldn't disagree more. It's their choice. There's nothing like living and working in a foreign destination. It's not the same as a Perillo Tour. Especially for Italians. Not sure why they couldn't work out a deal with IUP, though. I guess they had to break their contract. I wouldn't be surprised to see one or both on the IUP staff again in the future.

Comment

I expressed an informed opinion, having lived in more than few places in Europe.

I never said anyone should adopt my values or beliefs.

No need to become aggivated or aggressive in reply.

Perhaps you should get outside of Pennsylvania and broaden your experiences by seeing how the rest of the world lives and sees things.

Comment

I expressed an informed opinion, having lived in more than few places in Europe.

I never said anyone should adopt my values or beliefs.

No need to become aggivated or aggressive in reply.

Perhaps you should get outside of Pennsylvania and broaden your experiences by seeing how the rest of the world lives and sees things.
                  Sorry, didn't mean to come off as antagonistic.

Comment

I've traveled in 24 countries on 4 continents. I worked in 2 of those countries. I've lived in 5 states, FWIW. Jus sayin. I'm trying to cut down on my caustic comments.

Comment

Yet the Franco's do exactly that and you bust their chops over it. LOL I am sure their careers will be fine with IUP behind them. The article says they will be back for the 2019 season. Even if they have to spend a year at Tyron with their dad because it is too late to jump somewhere else, they will be fine come 2020 to move forward with their careers while having a great experience as a memory.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikefln View Post
                        Yet the Franco's do exactly that and you bust their chops over it. LOL I am sure their careers will be fine with IUP behind them. The article says they will be back for the 2019 season. Even if they have to spend a year at Tyron with their dad because it is too late to jump somewhere else, they will be fine come 2020 to move forward with their careers while having a great experience as a memory.
                        It's not like they are leaving behind some financially lucrative job at IUP. What's a DB coach make here ... like $20,000 a year? This is another line on their resume.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                          It's not like they are leaving behind some financially lucrative job at IUP. What's a DB coach make here ... like $20,000 a year? This is another line on their resume.
                          Exactly

Comment

I just wish them well. And I wish IUP well in locating the best coaches to fill the Cornerbacks, Safeties, Special Teams, and Strength/Conditioning positions.

Comment

Learning from Briles...and as a reference going forward in coaching is worth it alone....I assume both will stay in the coaching profession. Get a cool experience on top of it while your young. Why not. I know a few guys that played in Italy and had great experiences...one met his wife.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X