Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ship Got a Big Gift

Until I was on the Ship Athletics page I was unaware that late last year an anonymous donor gifted millions to Shippensburg for facility updates including a brand new locker room to be built on the side of Seth Grove Stadium which was about $2 Million along with replacing the turf field, also other renovations to the basketball arena and other athletic facilities. I wonder if that donation also included scholarship funds. Anyways for those who are interested here are photos of the rendering as well as the current progress.

http://www.ship.edu/news/2019/10/shippensburg_university_gifted_$2_million_to_impro ve_athletic_facilities/
    Attached Files

Looks nice. Ship has really upgraded their campus in the last ten years.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
      Until I was on the Ship Athletics page I was unaware that late last year an anonymous donor gifted millions to Shippensburg for facility updates including a brand new locker room to be built on the side of Seth Grove Stadium which was about $2 Million along with replacing the turf field, also other renovations to the basketball arena and other athletic facilities. I wonder if that donation also included scholarship funds. Anyways for those who are interested here are photos of the rendering as well as the current progress.

http://www.ship.edu/news/2019/10/shippensburg_university_gifted_$2_million_to_impro ve_athletic_facilities/
      Any word on what the basketball upgrades include? That's a pretty neat (albeit old school) venue.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Any word on what the basketball upgrades include? That's a pretty neat (albeit old school) venue.
        None yet but I would hope for permanent seating, updated scoreboard and better concession options lol.

Comment

Turf is an easy $500k if not more. Depends on the locker room details for cost. Basic ceiling mount scoreboard is $150k. Video probably double that.

I bet we can guess who the anonymous donor was.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
            Turf is an easy $500k if not more. Depends on the locker room details for cost. Basic ceiling mount scoreboard is $150k. Video probably double that.

I bet we can guess who the anonymous donor was.
            My money is on JrShooter

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X