Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OT: Luke Perry

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    Yeah, Jennie Garth as Kelly Taylor=Hubba!

I think I have the first couple of seasons of 90210 on DVD. The problem with the DVDs of the show is that they did not include the original music on them since they were too cheap to buy the rights to it. It kind of really takes away from some powerful scenes in places.

Did any of you old Dinosaurs watch The Big Valley back in the day. My fave western by a country mile.

-
    Watched the Big Valley. Who knew the Six Million Dollar Man was once a cowboy? I was a Wild Wild West fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony33 View Post
      90210 was a must see TV show back then. Don't know too many that didn't watch it.
      That is probably true but I think it's a generational thing.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
        That is probably true but I think it's a generational thing.
        It was a glorified soap opera of sorts but it played to a massive age demographic. It was the rare show that was must-see TV for, I'd say, ages 13 to 39.

It glamorized a life so few know ... Beverly Hills, and showed in some instances their lives were as jacked up as everybody else's.

Put it this way, in the male dorms at IUP in that era ... it would be on a massive percent of TVs every Wednesday night. It set trends in fashion, music, etc.

Ray Pruitt got a bad deal and Joe may have won the Heisman. And, Valerie was by far the best. That's my two cents.

Another oddity is very few of the cast ... which had A-list status for a long run ... ever did much else in Hollywood. Nothing near that star power, anyway. It was a real lightning in a bottle show and it had a great run. It led the way for many of today's shows.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          It was a glorified soap opera of sorts but it played to a massive age demographic. It was the rare show that was must-see TV for, I'd say, ages 13 to 39.

It glamorized a life so few know ... Beverly Hills, and showed in some instances their lives were as jacked up as everybody else's.

Put it this way, in the male dorms at IUP in that era ... it would be on a massive percent of TVs every Wednesday night. It set trends in fashion, music, etc.

Ray Pruitt got a bad deal and Joe may have won the Heisman. And, Valerie was by far the best. That's my two cents.

Another oddity is very few of the cast ... which had A-list status for a long run ... ever did much else in Hollywood. Nothing near that star power, anyway. It was a real lightning in a bottle show and it had a great run. It led the way for many of today's shows.
          That's a pretty good synopsis of the show there. I always had to laugh at Joe being a PAC-10 QB. What was he---5-9, 150 lbs? LOL.

Some of my fave eps and moments from the show---

-One Wedding and a Funeral-- just WOW! Incredible story and buildup. Luke Perry, Rebecca Gayheart and Stanley Kamel shined!

-Spring Dance- Dylan nails Brenda but they all forgot Steve's birthday. Kelly crowned queen but she was into her own trip.

-Something in the Air- Donna Martin Graduates! Enough said.

-Home Again- Home is where the heart is not the bigger paycheck is.

-One on One- Brandon as a big school hoops player even though he was only 5-8. LOL.

-All the Summer eps- Fun and sun at the Beverly Hills Beach Club. But isn't BH land-locked? Oh, well.

-A Walsh Family Christmas- Festive!

-Commencement- the gang hijacks the Hollywood sign. Really only the last 20 minutes were good of the two-parter.

-The Next 50 Years- Rather moving and powerful scene with David blowing up at Brandon with Knockin' on Heaven's Door blaring.

-Time Has Come Today- The gang flashback to 1968. Funny as heck and historically very sound.

-Brandon Leaves- The ep really sucked but the last scene of Brandon driving off into the California night was powerful.

Characters I liked were Brandon, Dylan, Kelly, Steve, Nat, and Donna along with the Walsh parents. David was okay. Didn't care for Brenda, Val, Andrea, Colin, Gina, and just about anyone else they cast after say season four.

How about this R. Kelly guy? He's plain freakin' nuts! Quite an interview he just did. LOL.

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
            That's a pretty good synopsis of the show there. I always had to laugh at Joe being a PAC-10 QB. What was he---5-9, 150 lbs? LOL.

Some of my fave eps and moments from the show---

-One Wedding and a Funeral-- just WOW! Incredible story and buildup. Luke Perry, Rebecca Gayheart and Stanley Kamel shined!

-Spring Dance- Dylan nails Brenda but they all forgot Steve's birthday. Kelly crowned queen but she was into her own trip.

-Something in the Air- Donna Martin Graduates! Enough said.

-Home Again- Home is where the heart is not the bigger paycheck is.

-One on One- Brandon as a big school hoops player even though he was only 5-8. LOL.

-All the Summer eps- Fun and sun at the Beverly Hills Beach Club. But isn't BH land-locked? Oh, well.

-A Walsh Family Christmas- Festive!

-Commencement- the gang hijacks the Hollywood sign. Really only the last 20 minutes were good of the two-parter.

-The Next 50 Years- Rather moving and powerful scene with David blowing up at Brandon with Knockin' on Heaven's Door blaring.

-Time Has Come Today- The gang flashback to 1968. Funny as heck and historically very sound.

-Brandon Leaves- The ep really sucked but the last scene of Brandon driving off into the California night was powerful.

Characters I liked were Brandon, Dylan, Kelly, Steve, Nat, and Donna along with the Walsh parents. David was okay. Didn't care for Brenda, Val, Andrea, Colin, Gina, and just about anyone else they cast after say season four.

How about this R. Kelly guy? He's plain freakin' nuts! Quite an interview he just did. LOL.

-
            Man, you were a 90210 machine.

I'm actually getting caught up on two other famous shows of that era. I just completed the Sopranos, start to finish (in order) for the first time. After that I watched Oz (in order). I didn't watch either when they were actually 'on' TV. Both were worth the wait.

The Sooranos was just incredible. I even loved the final, controversial, episode. Oz, however, is just on a different level of ... wow. Dorothy never wanted to visit that Emerald City.

Comment

I'm actually getting caught up on two other famous shows of that era. I just completed the Sopranos, start to finish (in order) for the first time. After that I watched Oz (in order). I didn't watch either when they were actually 'on' TV. Both were worth the wait.

The Sooranos was just incredible. I even loved the final, controversial, episode. Oz, however, is just on a different level of ... wow. Dorothy never wanted to visit that Emerald City.

Comment

Old Vern wouldn't have been a good roommate. That's for sure.

Comment

Actually I haven't even really thought about the show in years to be honest. Just a good memory I guess.

I have never seen any of those shows that you mentioned. Heck, I've never even seen the Godfather movies either.

-

Comment

I see that Jan-Michael Vincent has just passed away at 73. Perhaps best known for Stringfellow Hawke on the '80s super helicopter show Air Wolf.

He was absolutely brilliant alongside Charles Bronson in the 1972 film The Mechanic.

I believe that he was once considered to play the role of Matt Hooper in the immortal classic Jaws.

He was a good actor when in the right role.

-

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X