X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shepherd adds 11th game

Rams will host Ohio Dominican Sept. 7

Re: Shepherd adds 11th game

You must have some inside information...not seeing it anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by ShepFan1 View Post
      You must have some inside information...not seeing it anywhere.
      OH Dominican 2019 Football Schedule

I'm a bit surprised to see Shepherd add an 11th game. And this is a tough opponent out of the gate; should be a true litmus test for the 2019 Rams. I'm not sure why it's not announced on Shepherd's site.
      I can be reached at [email protected].

Comment

Originally posted by Raymond Franze View Post

I'm a bit surprised to see Shepherd add an 11th game. And this is a tough opponent out of the gate; should be a true litmus test for the 2019 Rams. I'm not sure why it's not announced on Shepherd's site.
        Why surprised? Nearly everybody in the PSAC plays 11 games. Days of the fluff schedule are gone ... this is the big leagues. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          Why surprised? Nearly everybody in the PSAC plays 11 games. Days of the fluff schedule are gone ... this is the big leagues. LOL.

Comment

That's not too unusual. Cal's season opener against St. Anselm isn't on their posted schedule yet, but it's posted on St. A's website.

But, ODU at Shepherd is not a bad way to kick off the season. I wonder if it's a home-and-home series.
            Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Looks like 2011 is the last time that Shepherd played 11 regular season games.

Comment

If you want to be the best you have to play the best and compete against the best. I respect and admire the Rams scheduling a tough season opener. A win could put them in the top 25, a loss if close could still do them well in preparation for the East battles with Kutztown, WCU, Shippensburg & Bloomsburg.

Comment

Relax, dude. I thought I read it was like the SEC. D2 football is about the equivalent to Class A baseball and to about 98 percent of football fans it's 'just D2' no matter what league or conference you play in.

Comment

I'm glad they did, the home opener would have been almost in October otherwise.

Comment

Oh come on now Ken, you know now that we are in the big leagues I thought we would probably go 3-7 this year but it looks now like 3-8.:crying:

Comment

No region outside SR 1 has the glut of DI, DII and DIII programs within their region to compete for athletes. The PSAC is recognized by everyone but you as a top notch DII conference...Wake up

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                          No region outside SR 1 has the glut of DI, DII and DIII programs within their region to compete for athletes. The PSAC is recognized by everyone but you as a top notch DII conference...Wake up
                          Agree with you on the glut of small school programs competing for athletes, but I think you need to Wake Up if you think any SR1 conference is considered 'top notch" by the vast majority outside of the region. The PSAC is very respected in the region & fairly respected by many outside but certainly not one of the top conferences in the country!

But then what do we know since we have just joined the "big leagues":wink:

Comment

Football-wise the league gets a big addition with Shepherd.

Basketball-wise not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                              Wake up to what? The PSAC is an average conference nationally. It's an improvement for us from Shepherd coming from the below average MEC, so that's a plus. But maybe you need to readjust what you think about it nationally as a football conference. I think we (Shep fans) are being realist's in regards to this.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X