Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off to top of my head it'll be the West Chester v Shippensburg playoff game in 2004 where both teams went back and forth before WCU scored late to win and advance to the 3rd round of the playoffs.

Comment

[QUOTE=IUPbigINDIANS;n548973]I still vividly remember the 2003 opener. Marquee match-up with Nebraska-Omaha visiting Miller Stadium. Both ranked in the Top 15. Kevin Weidl hit a 50-some yard pass play in the final seconds ... setting up Josh Telenko's winning 31-yard field goad as the clock expired. Mike Jemison went for about 150 on the ground that day.

You don't see many of those mega non-conference games any longer.

I was at that one too. LeRon McCoy's caught that late pass to cap his coming out party that day. I may be remembering it wrong but didn't Nebraska Omaha use all three of their time outs before Telenko's game winner?

Comment

[QUOTE=The P in IUP;n549096]
        Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        I still vividly remember the 2003 opener. Marquee match-up with Nebraska-Omaha visiting Miller Stadium. Both ranked in the Top 15. Kevin Weidl hit a 50-some yard pass play in the final seconds ... setting up Josh Telenko's winning 31-yard field goad as the clock expired. Mike Jemison went for about 150 on the ground that day.

You don't see many of those mega non-conference games any longer.

I was at that one too. LeRon McCoy's caught that late pass to cap his coming out party that day. I may be remembering it wrong but didn't Nebraska Omaha use all three of their time outs before Telenko's game winner?
        Yes. After the game the coach said he probably could have called 100 and it wouldn't have mattered.

Comment

Tough to boil it down to just one game...Andy Soltes comes off the bench to throw a game-winning TD to beat West Chester on the road in 1982. As a freshman at ESU, it was an amazing Friday night...Jimmy Terwilliger's first win against Bloomsburg in 2004. The Warrior Defense held Jamar Brittingham to 27 yards on 9 carries, but Jimmy and Bloom QB Jack Lydic lit it up. Jimmy was 22-34 with 2 TDS and 1 INT. Lydic was 23-36 but threw 3 INTs and only 1 TD...The following year, LIU-Post's Rob Blount ran for 246 and 2 TDs and threw for 216 and 2 TDs. It wasn't enough as Jimmy threw for 546 yards on just 20 completions, 9 of those were for TDs. ESU wins 66-49 in an instant classic...In 2009, Redshirt junior quarterback Matt Marshall hit redshirt freshman Jordan Hallman with a five-yard pass for the go-ahead touchdown with 6:50 left and the ESU defense forced two key turnovers in the fourth quarter as the Warriors ended a six-game losing streak against West Chester with a 21-20 victory at Farrell Stadium...2 Matt Soltes games come to mind. As a Freshman he threw a 33-yard TD to Freshman Tim Wilson with time running out to stun West Chester 35-28 at home...In 2014, Lightning postponed the season opener at LIU-Post with the Warriors down by 12. After the delay, Soltes led the Warriors to 20 straight points and the Defense held Post at the goal line in the final minute to win 45-37.
          Last edited by WarriorVoice; 12-09-2020, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Oct 22, 2011 - WCU leads Bloomsburg 35-0 midway through 2Q. Bloomsburg then scored 55 straight and won 55-42.

At the time, I remember the Bloom comeback being a DII record. Anybody know if that still stands?

Comment

Originally posted by Wcball00 View Post
              Oct 22, 2011 - WCU leads Bloomsburg 35-0 midway through 2Q. Bloomsburg then scored 55 straight and won 55-42.

At the time, I remember the Bloom comeback being a DII record. Anybody know if that still stands?
              I don't know but many of us were in on that one. On this board, we were all into our own games and then when the comeback was going on most people switched over to listen to the audio of that game. Quite a comeback. Makes you wonder how a team could be so far behind at the half and then score all the points in the second half. Kind of like counting votes in PA (sarcasm).

Comment

Clarifying my years: 1995 was the year Edinboro upset IUP. The following year Edinboro upset national semi-finalist Clarion.

Comment

If you can stand to watch old VHS video with a lot of static and no sound Nebraska Omaha actually has the game film they shot for the 2003 IUP game in their archives online. Link below:

https://app.vidgrid.com/view/O1j3b3s5oIku/?sr=LMd0XA

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                    Clarifying my years: 1995 was the year Edinboro upset IUP. The following year Edinboro upset national semi-finalist Clarion.
                    IUP actually had a pretty loaded team in '95 but they played a tough slate of games early in the year IIRC and they lost two of them. The surprise loss to Boro without doubt ended any playoff hopes that they had. Too bad.

Comment

1. 1990 IUP ar Mississippi College. Rematch from the year before and led to the first national title game appearance.

2. 1993 IUP at New Haven. Just a tremendous back and forth battle
                      3. Although a loss and a couple of horrendous calls, 1991 IUP at Jacksonville State. We were higher seeded but had to go on the road due to the old bid your attendance where the higher bid guaranteed that amount of tickets to be sold determined who got the game. Their booster club invited some of us to their breakfast and I was never told so nicely how we were going to get killed. They really were nice people. Pregame when that 400 member band blasted Dixie in our face. The game and the heart that we showed after losing Aliucci to a dirty hit and not giving up after a couple of calls. Great atmosphere.

Best play, that is a hard one.

Comment

Originally posted by cage View Post
                        1. 1990 IUP ar Mississippi College. Rematch from the year before and led to the first national title game appearance.

2. 1993 IUP at New Haven. Just a tremendous back and forth battle
                        3. Although a loss and a couple of horrendous calls, 1991 IUP at Jacksonville State. We were higher seeded but had to go on the road due to the old bid your attendance where the higher bid guaranteed that amount of tickets to be sold determined who got the game. Their booster club invited some of us to their breakfast and I was never told so nicely how we were going to get killed. They really were nice people. Pregame when that 400 member band blasted Dixie in our face. The game and the heart that we showed after losing Aliucci to a dirty hit and not giving up after a couple of calls. Great atmosphere.

Best play, that is a hard one.
                        Just about forgot about Jacksonville State. They would have likely remained a D2 powerhouse. That would have been some rival with North Alabama in the 90s and 00s.

I think IUP actually took a WR transfer from there a couple years back but he got hurt in camp and then basically vanished.

Comment

Stonehill beating LIU Post on a hail mary touchdown pass as time expired back in 2015. Close second: watching Shepherd beat Grand Valley in the 2015 semifinals (only to get crushed by NWMo in the finals the next week in Kansas City).
                          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Nov 21, 2009, WLU over Edinboro 84-63...NO, it wasn't a basketball game! When the smoke cleared, the two QBs (Zach Amedro and Trevor Harris) combined for 1170 passing yards and 11 TD passes. You knew it was going to be a high scoring affair when Kashif Walls took the opening KO 80 yard for the TD. If you had any questions, that fact was driven home when Gary Nolen took the opening second half KO 88 yards to the house.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                              Nov 21, 2009, WLU over Edinboro 84-63...NO, it wasn't a basketball game! When the smoke cleared, the two QBs (Zach Amedro and Trevor Harris) combined for 1170 passing yards and 11 TD passes. You knew it was going to be a high scoring affair when Kashif Walls took the opening KO 80 yard for the TD. If you had any questions, that fact was driven home when Gary Nolen took the opening second half KO 88 yards to the house.
                              I was at this game too. My wife and I had only been married for a few weeks but she was up for the trip. It was a crazy game but almost too much of a good thing. IIRC, West Liberty went up BIG early on and Edinboro clawed back but the damage was done.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I was at this game too. My wife and I had only been married for a few weeks but she was up for the trip. It was a crazy game but almost too much of a good thing. IIRC, West Liberty went up BIG early on and Edinboro clawed back but the damage was done.
                                It was a heck of a game, particularly the second half! I'm showing my age but it reminded me of an old Popeye cartoon were Popeye and Bluto were going back and forth doing things and saying "I'll do anything that you'll do...BUT BETTER!" That or the 15th round or Rocky were they are throwing haymakers at each other! Just soooo many big offensive plays that it was almost impossible to watch...Everytime I'd see a big play and think for 1/2 a minute that that was the best play I had ever seen, another one would happen that was even better!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X