Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    Yes, their needs are numerous

Also, when is the last time the Steelers drafted a player all these experts were projecting?
    It's actually happened before. Lot's of buzz for Plaxico in 2000, Heath Miller in 2005, and Maurkice Pouncey in 2010.

But I would tend to agree with you that by and large all of these talking heads actually know very little of what the Stillers brass are looking at. Come Thursday evening at 8 PM you can toss away all of the draft expert analysis and mock drafts. They mean absolutely nothing. The action will be fast and furious and every year there are complete surprises that absolutely nobody guessed.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

It's actually happened before. Lot's of buzz for Plaxico in 2000, Heath Miller in 2005, and Maurkice Pouncey in 2010.

But I would tend to agree with you that by and large all of these talking heads actually know very little of what the Stillers brass are looking at. Come Thursday evening at 8 PM you can toss away all of the draft expert analysis and mock drafts. They mean absolutely nothing. The action will be fast and furious and every year there are complete surprises that absolutely nobody guessed.
      One team in the Top 5 goes rogue and makes a big surprise pick ... changes all of Round 1 with the trickle down.

As our buddy Mike Tyson said ... everybody has a plan until you get punched in the nose.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

One team in the Top 5 goes rogue and makes a big surprise pick ... changes all of Round 1 with the trickle down.

As our buddy Mike Tyson said ... everybody has a plan until you get punched in the nose.
        Well said. I should have added Georgia LB Jarvis Jones in 2013 as he was widely mocked to the Stillers.

I think the Stillers top pick may come down to guys like Najee Harris, Teven Jenkins, Caleb Farley (should he fall), Zaven Collins, or Jaelen Phillips.

I did read that Jenkins has had experience at LT so that makes a good case for him. It should be interesting.

Comment

Zaven Collins, Caleb Farley or an OL are the pick... no running back in round 1.

Comment

Zaven Collins, Caleb Farley or an OL are the pick... no running back in round 1.
            I've been on the Zaven Collins band wagon for quite some time now. I will be shocked if he is still there. Cardinals may grab him if they have no CB fall.

I think Najee Harris is in real consideration at 24 for the Stillers. I did a good deal of film study on him. Like him a lot. But it is just so hard to evaluate the Bama crowd with the insane talent all over the field.

Tevin Jenkins OT from Oklahoma State is in the mix. Keep an eye on Notre Dame OT Liam Eichenberg as well. Just please no Landon Dickerson at 24 with his injury history. I want no center in the first round.

Lots of buzz about the Stillers liking Florida QB Kyle Trask. I thought his tape was decent but he is just so immobile. I don't see that as a particularly good thing.

Caleb Farley has already had two back surgeries and now has covid. I just don't like him at 24. But he is a top ten talent.

Notre Dame LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah may be a candidate for the black and gold if some of the other picks are gone.

I have a feeling that someone pretty good falls to the Stillers at 24 that may tempt them away from their draft board and needs.

There is really a lot of talent in this draft. It should be really exciting.

One thing for sure is that all hell is about to break loose come 8 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

I've been on the Zaven Collins band wagon for quite some time now. I will be shocked if he is still there. Cardinals may grab him if they have no CB fall.

I think Najee Harris is in real consideration at 24 for the Stillers. I did a good deal of film study on him. Like him a lot. But it is just so hard to evaluate the Bama crowd with the insane talent all over the field.

Tevin Jenkins OT from Oklahoma State is in the mix. Keep an eye on Notre Dame OT Liam Eichenberg as well. Just please no Landon Dickerson at 24 with his injury history. I want no center in the first round.

Lots of buzz about the Stillers liking Florida QB Kyle Trask. I thought his tape was decent but he is just so immobile. I don't see that as a particularly good thing.

Caleb Farley has already had two back surgeries and now has covid. I just don't like him at 24. But he is a top ten talent.

Notre Dame LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah may be a candidate for the black and gold if some of the other picks are gone.

I have a feeling that someone pretty good falls to the Stillers at 24 that may tempt them away from their draft board and needs.

There is really a lot of talent in this draft. It should be really exciting.

One thing for sure is that all hell is about to break loose come 8 PM.
              Yinzer radio very pro RB

Comment

Zaven to the desert

Comment

Yinzer radio very pro RB
                  The B team blows!!!

Comment

Zaven to the desert
                    Earlier than I thought.

Comment

The choice of taking a RB in R1 is getting mixed reactions not only in the 'Burgh but also on most national shows.

Comment

The choice of taking a RB in R1 is getting mixed reactions not only in the 'Burgh but also on most national shows.
                        It'll turn into a positive if they get a stud O-lineman in round 2. There are plenty of good solid guys left.

Comment

No doubt the Steelers needed a RB but I would have waited as they've shown they can get a quality back on Day 2 in the past.

Comment

The Stillers filled one of their very big needs with the top rated player in the draft at that position. You can't do any better than that. Harris is a top flight back. He should be a good one. Now they have to remake the line. Still plenty of talent left there at round 2.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
                              No doubt the Steelers needed a RB but I would have waited as they've shown they can get a quality back on Day 2 in the past.
                              I wasn't liking too many of the backs after Harris to be honest. They needed a home run hit with the position. He's a good pass catcher as well. Icing on the cake.

Comment

It'll turn into a positive if they get a stud O-lineman in round 2. There are plenty of good solid guys left.
                                Most correct! Lots of talent on the O-line yet to be mined in round 2 and beyond-----Teven Jenkins, Jalen Mayfield, Liam Eichenberg, Creed Humpery, Dillon Radnuz, Sam Cosmi, Landon Dickerson, Josh Meyers, Quinn Minerz, Wyatt Davis, Jackson Carman, Trey Smith, et al

One stud linemen likely to be delivered this evening.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X