Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PSAC baseball in Johnstown

9-8 Mercyhurst final. Lamovec threw eight innings of six-hit, shutout relief ... 148 pitches. 12 K's, 8 of Mercyhurst's 17 walks issued.

Bloomsburg stranded 27 runners.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
      9-8 Mercyhurst final. Lamovec threw eight innings of six-hit, shutout relief ... 148 pitches. 12 K's, 8 of Mercyhurst's 17 walks issued.

Bloomsburg stranded 27 runners.
      Serious fantasy stat line ...

Comment

The 27 LOB was a Division II record. So was the 45 runners left by the two teams combined.

And Bloomsburg committed eight errors.

Comment

Millersville 1, Bloomsburg 0 entering bottom 4. Cole Friese, for my money the best player in the PSAC this year, launched one 400 feet to left off Raines in the third.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
            Millersville 1, Bloomsburg 0 entering bottom 4. Cole Friese, for my money the best player in the PSAC this year, launched one 400 feet to left off Raines in the third.
            So Bloomsburg beats Millersville. A few hours after dropping an 18-inning game. Interesting.

Comment

Gannon beats West Chester, 6-4. So both Day 1 losers beat the hosts on Day 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Dozsa2 View Post
                Gannon beats West Chester, 6-4. So both Day 1 losers beat the hosts on Day 2.
                And both hosts are out of the tournament.

Comment

As impressive as Minick was throwing seven shutout innings for the 'Hurst, it may have been even more eye-opening that they had such a solid reliever left after Thursday night's marathon. That's staff depth you don't see every day in this conference.

But Jon Shehan's got to be hurting. That's an awfully good Millersville team to come up short in both the conference and the sub-regional.
                  Last edited by jrshooter; 05-17-2019, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Bloom outfielder robs Ville of home run that would have tied game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p0Tmr7UVQg

Comment

It's Charleston and Mercyhurst in the first Atlantic Region Super Regional. Can't say I'm surprised the Lakers are there. I thought they were the best team in the PSAC all year, even though they damn near cost themselves a spot in the postseason by dropping the Gannon series and then going 0-2 in Johnstown.

Charleston? Now that's a surprise. At least to me. I saw them last year in regionals and wasn't impressed.

Comment

It'd be crazy to dispute Mercyhurst's ability when they beat Eli Nabholz, Cordell Shannon and J.J. Spehrley on consecutive days. I don't know what intangibles were involved, but I would have never expected them to light up Spehrley like they apparently did. And when you get three starts yourself like that, well ...

I had considered going over there, but decided at the last second to go the other direction and spend a couple of hours at the District 3 track championships. Hadn't been at that event for about 15 years; it's a fun afternoon.

Comment

Mercyhurst will host the Atlantic Super Regional (vs. Charleston, W.V.) on campus this weekend

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X