Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shepherd's new field turf

Originally posted by Dozsa2 View Post
    The only turf football field I can think of off the top of my head that doesn't have any markings on it other than lines for football is Harrisburg High.

Comment

Originally posted by Dozsa2 View Post
      The only turf football field I can think of off the top of my head that doesn't have any markings on it other than lines for football is Harrisburg High.
      Adamson Stadium doesn't have non-football markings on it either.
      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Actually, come to think of it, Ship's turf at Seth Grove is clean, too.

Comment

Originally posted by nova2wv View Post
          Any word if they will be adding the lacrosse field boundaries as well? I would love to keep this turf 'football' only moving forward but I'm sure that won't be the case. If for some reason they don't and lacrosse plays elsewhere (soccer complex) - then, a few of the rumors I've been hearing may be in the mix. Possibly adding wrestling and women's field hockey to compete in PSAC - DMV is strong in both and would greatly benefit SU if they were to make the investment. Then, I could see a field hockey/lacrosse field in the future if true.
          When the turf field was originally installed I was told they had to have dual purpose field in order to support either the women's lacrosse or soccer team (Title IX). I guess they could build a separate field for lacrosse but that would be more money that's taken away from the stadium that could benefit from those funds so it make sense to have a dual purpose field. The markings were on the last field turf and I didn't even notice them after a while. Lights and a modern score board would be and upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by nova2wv View Post
            I had received a mailer some time ago that the Athletic Department had officially launched a campaign to raise $600,000 to replace the existing field turf. I'm guessing they received the funds? Now, we need to launch a campaign to add the lights, build/add concession locations, improve bathroom facilities and add the additional seating - We'd have a first-class Division 2 stadium.
            The concession locations are probably a go as early as next year but the other things will take a lot more capital. As for the stadium lights, dream on...the town will never allow that to happen although it would be pretty damn cool to watch a game under some lights there.

Comment

Originally posted by 5-Technique View Post
              The concession locations are probably a go as early as next year but the other things will take a lot more capital. As for the stadium lights, dream on...the town will never allow that to happen although it would be pretty damn cool to watch a game under some lights there.
              D2 teams are fickle about playing night games anyway. IUP has had lights for decades and very rarely plays at night.

I've never undstood it. Night games always draw the best and just have a different (better) atmosphere.

I've heard the argument they don't want the away teams getting home so late.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X