Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shepherd's new field turf

I saw that Shepherd is in the process of getting their field turf replaced. Anyone know if the design as far as the end zone and center field logo will be the same? I saw a truck hauling the old field turf away. I am surprised they didn't make some sort of fund raiser and give portions of that away.

Re: Shepherd's new field turf

Originally posted by wvftballfan View Post
    I saw that Shepherd is in the process of getting their field turf replaced. Anyone know if the design as far as the end zone and center field logo will be the same? I saw a truck hauling the old field turf away. I am surprised they didn't make some sort of fund raiser and give portions of that away.
    Not sure of the end zones, I was told from a SU staff member the center will have Rams in script. Agin I was told Years back the team had an aggressive/mean looking Rams head design with a ring in its nose (like Bulls/cattle). IMO that would have been really nice.

Comment

Well Shepherd will be able to be the second team to play on Mercyhurst New Turf field being installed as we speak.

Comment

From today's Journal. https://www.journal-news.net/journal...828341ee7.html

Comment

I had received a mailer some time ago that the Athletic Department had officially launched a campaign to raise $600,000 to replace the existing field turf. I'm guessing they received the funds? Now, we need to launch a campaign to add the lights, build/add concession locations, improve bathroom facilities and add the additional seating - We'd have a first-class Division 2 stadium.

Comment

Nice look on the logo. (From the Journal-News.)

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
              Nice look on the logo. (From the Journal-News.)

Looks the same as the post in this thread 3 days ago. Lol.

Comment

You mean I had to look at this thread three days ago? C'mon, man ...

Comment

Looks good

Comment

I believe the Rock is getting theres replaced very soon as well. Next summer hopefully

Comment

Originally posted by nova2wv View Post
                      I had received a mailer some time ago that the Athletic Department had officially launched a campaign to raise $600,000 to replace the existing field turf. I'm guessing they received the funds? Now, we need to launch a campaign to add the lights, build/add concession locations, improve bathroom facilities and add the additional seating - We'd have a first-class Division 2 stadium.
                      Yes those would be nice... The next campaign needs to raise enough money to be fully funded year in and year out. This would allow SU to be a strong annual regional contender. Just my two cents. Go Rams!

Comment

Any word if they will be adding the lacrosse field boundaries as well? I would love to keep this turf 'football' only moving forward but I'm sure that won't be the case. If for some reason they don't and lacrosse plays elsewhere (soccer complex) - then, a few of the rumors I've been hearing may be in the mix. Possibly adding wrestling and women's field hockey to compete in PSAC - DMV is strong in both and would greatly benefit SU if they were to make the investment. Then, I could see a field hockey/lacrosse field in the future if true.

Comment

Originally posted by nova2wv View Post
                          Any word if they will be adding the lacrosse field boundaries as well? I would love to keep this turf 'football' only moving forward but I'm sure that won't be the case. If for some reason they don't and lacrosse plays elsewhere (soccer complex) - then, a few of the rumors I've been hearing may be in the mix. Possibly adding wrestling and women's field hockey to compete in PSAC - DMV is strong in both and would greatly benefit SU if they were to make the investment. Then, I could see a field hockey/lacrosse field in the future if true.
                          The new field has the lacrosse lines on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
                            The new field has the lacrosse lines on it.
                            Yeah .. that sucks. That's the drawback to the 'multipurpose' field.

There are some basketball venues in the PSAC that you can't even tell the out of bounds line they have so much crap on them.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                              Yeah .. that sucks. That's the drawback to the 'multipurpose' field.

There are some basketball venues in the PSAC that you can't even tell the out of bounds line they have so much crap on them.
                              The only turf football field I can think of off the top of my head that doesn't have any markings on it other than lines for football is Harrisburg High.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X