Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's reapplied for the job. School board member has resigned. Students and fans held a huge protest rally on Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

The study is considered discredited in the academic & scientific world because its akin to Peter Venkman shocking people without reason and some challenge how evenly the "prisoners" responded. But as theory it holds up. People in power will abuse it if they're motivated and people who don't have power feel obligated to do things out of character.
      The actual Peter Venkman study was perform by Stanley Milgram who had regular people do the shocking, although no person was actually shocked. Phillip Zimbardo performed his experiement using Stanford students broken into 2 groups of guards and prisoners. I recommend Zimbardo's 2007 book The Lucifer Effect: understanding how good people turn evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post

The actual Peter Venkman study was perform by Stanley Milgram who had regular people do the shocking, although no person was actually shocked. Phillip Zimbardo performed his experiement using Stanford students broken into 2 groups of guards and prisoners. I recommend Zimbardo's 2007 book The Lucifer Effect: understanding how good people turn evil.
        Thanks for the insight Bart. That is a book I may look into. I will assume "how good people turn evil" will have something to do with their power and control over others?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          He's reapplied for the job. School board member has resigned. Students and fans held a huge protest rally on Friday.
          Gateway head coach is chair of the WPIAL football coaches committee. He's requested that nobody apply for the job so that Kasperawicz is the only applicant.

I think if PR has something to justify it, they should go public with limited details. If they don't, they've gotta swallow some pride.

But this crap happens every few years. Probably most recently at Aliquippa.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Gateway head coach is chair of the WPIAL football coaches committee. He's requested that nobody apply for the job so that Kasperawicz is the only applicant.

I think if PR has something to justify it, they should go public with limited details. If they don't, they've gotta swallow some pride.

But this crap happens every few years. Probably most recently at Aliquippa.

And, in districts like P-R, you're dealing with some really powerful parents. It's turning in to a soap opera of sorts. If they re-hire him, ... wow. You'd think at that point he has a clear case to sue the crap out of the school district.

Comment

And, in districts like P-R, you're dealing with some really powerful parents. It's turning in to a soap opera of sorts. If they re-hire him, ... wow. You'd think at that point he has a clear case to sue the crap out of the school district.
                Spoke to my dad about this over the weekend. I didn't know that he taught Eric Kasperawicz at Shaler and worked with Brian Miller at North Allegheny. According to him, coaching jobs are supplemental contracts beyond the teacher contract. Kasperowicz is actually a North Hills teacher. His supplemental contract at Pine Richland is considered a fixed term (one year) contract and also considered at-will. Unless he can prove that he was discriminated against as a member of a protected class (extremely difficult for a hetero white man) he's SOL. He could sue civilly asking for damages but unless discovery finds conspiracy he's out more money.

Comment

Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post

Thanks for the insight Bart. That is a book I may look into. I will assume "how good people turn evil" will have something to do with their power and control over others?
                  That's part of it, but also how are they influenced to carry out the malevolent behavior against others. Guards in the Nazi death camps believed they were being model citizens when they sent countless Jews to their death. How do we learn to hate the enemy, whether it be a lynch mob or rampaging soldiers? Others like Adolf Eichmann are what Hannah Arendt in the book Eichman in Israel described as very ordinary humans who simply follow orders without being driven by strong convictions.

Comment

The circus continues. Pine-Richland calls a press conference (happening right now) to update on the situation. They're either laying out their case for termination, offering a mea culpa and reversing course, or they're punting.

Comment

https://triblive.com/sports/pine-ric...udent-conduct/

Comment

PR sent out an email ... EK is not being re-hired.

Comment

At this point, the coach has to just walk away. Its a crap situation but its been clear from very early on that this probably wasn't going to go in his favor.

Comment

PR football team walked out of the meeting naming the new coach.

Feel bad for the new coach as he's an outsider but understand what the players did.

That is a total circus.

Comment

PR football team walked out of the meeting naming the new coach.

Feel bad for the new coach as he's an outsider but understand what the players did.

That is a total circus.
                              Sounds like a really good situation.

I see that the new coach Steve Campos is a 1978 grad of IUP. Sounds kind of old to be taking over the program plus zero head coaching experience. Sounds like a bad move all the way around.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

Sounds like a really good situation.

I see that the new coach Steve Campos is a 1978 grad of IUP. Sounds kind of old to be taking over the program plus zero head coaching experience. Sounds like a bad move all the way around.
                                Word was they (coaches) called a boycott to even apply for the job. Normal circumstances that would have been the most coveted high school job around.

But, yes, an old, career assistant seems like an awful stange hire for a national-level program.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X