Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preseason rankings

Slippery Rock checks in at No. 7 in both Street and Smith and Lindy's preseason rankings.

West Chester is 15 in Lindy's and IUP is 23 in Street and Smith.

I don't put much stock in these rankings. I'd rather go the entire season unranked and end up in the regional final like last year, but it's fun to look at in May.

Re: Preseason rankings

Originally posted by Dozsa2 View Post
    Slippery Rock checks in at No. 7 in both Street and Smith and Lindy's preseason rankings.

West Chester is 15 in Lindy's and IUP is 23 in Street and Smith.

I don't put much stock in these rankings. I'd rather go the entire season unranked and end up in the regional final like last year, but it's fun to look at in May.
    I actually feel better about this upcoming IUP team than I did at this time a year ago (when they got way too much summer hype).

But, the reality is Week 1 is the only game of importance as of now.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      I actually feel better about this upcoming IUP team than I did at this time a year ago (when they got way too much summer hype).

That's what concerns me this year. But all Lutz has to do to quell any overconfidence is remind them of a) how close we were to losing to Kentucky State and b) the fact that we **did** lose to Shippensburg. If not for that comeback in Week 1, our season would have been over Sept. 8.

Wayne State isn't on the level of Ferris or Grand Valley, but it's still a GLIAC team and probably won't be a pushover.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Are you telling us that they only play one game at a time, or that the opponent puts on his pants one leg at a time?

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
          Are you telling us that they only play one game at a time, or that the opponent puts on his pants one leg at a time?
          Jonathan Moxon's only one man.

Comment

No. 7 is way too high.

Yes, they only lose one starter on Defense; and there are high expectations for the stud DL from West Virginia (Jevon Lang) but he still will be a true freshmen.

On offense, they lose their single season rushing record holder (Hills); they lost their best two OL (Gaviglia/Raabe); their top two TE (Alexander/Cirillo) both of who were excellent blockers. Also, lost Merhaut their possession receiver and maybe more importantly Chapla's holder. Plus their best kick returner (Carter) was not on the Spring roster. Plus add in a new Offensive Coordinator.

Comment

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post
              No. 7 is way too high.

Yes, they only lose one starter on Defense; and there are high expectations for the stud DL from West Virginia (Jevon Lang) but he still will be a true freshmen.

On offense, they lose their single season rushing record holder (Hills); they lost their best two OL (Gaviglia/Raabe); their top two TE (Alexander/Cirillo) both of who were excellent blockers. Also, lost Merhaut their possession receiver and maybe more importantly Chapla's holder. Plus their best kick returner (Carter) was not on the Spring roster. Plus add in a new Offensive Coordinator.
              It's early. The 'game changer' recruiting season just started now that D1 grades are out.

Comment

No. 7 is way too high.

Quite a few transfers added on offense, the coaches are confident. Carter is gone. Slightly different approach on offense this fall but should look good with Rivers at the helm. The team still sees themselves as underdogs, that's a good thing!

Comment

Originally posted by RockNation View Post
                  Quite a few transfers added on offense, the coaches are confident. Carter is gone. Slightly different approach on offense this fall but should look good with Rivers at the helm. The team still sees themselves as underdogs, that's a good thing!
                  Nothing is wrong with some expectations, even if its also from the "Talking Heads".

Don't quite understand how they can sell the "underdogs" role to the team, but if it works then cool.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
                    Nothing is wrong with some expectations, even if its also from the "Talking Heads".

Don't quite understand how they can sell the "underdogs" role to the team, but if it works then cool.

Comment

Anyone have any names for these transfers we have coming in?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

Wes Hills was a hell of a football player. I agree with MadBoss, his loss has been enough to motivate the team.

Comment

Originally posted by RockNation View Post
                          Wes Hills was a hell of a football player. I agree with MadBoss, his loss has been enough to motivate the team.
                          True; but I would argue that losing your best 2 OL and your top 2 TE's creates a bigger hole. Hills' backup, Fochtman averaged 5.3 a carry.

Comment

True; but I would argue that losing your best 2 OL and your top 2 TE's creates a bigger hole. Hills' backup, Fochtman averaged 5.3 a carry.

They were very good run blockers. New TE's looked good during the spring game; not as good blockers yet, but better receivers.

OL, I hope the new squad can measure up. You couldn't ask for a better OL coach!

Comment

Originally posted by Dozsa2 View Post
                              Anyone have any names for these transfers we have coming in?
                              Victor Talley Tiffin Dragons
                              Height: 6-4
                              Weight: 210
                              WR
                              YDS
                              YDS/G
                              TD

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X