Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Psac west - 2019

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
    Seton Hill is a private institution. They are free to admit and deny applicants as the see fit.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was saying that this statement is incorrect. Please don't ask me why it's incorrect.

Comment

Rock picks up a last minute recruit.

https://twitter.com/ColtonR23/status...44302133874688

Comment

Seton Hill's African American student population percentage is pretty much right in line with other small schools in the proximity.

Geneva - 9%
        Seton Hill - 6.8%
        St. Vincent - 6.29%
        Otterbein - 6.15%
        Mercyhurst 6.1%
        Washington and Jefferson - 5.25%
        Westminster - 5%
        Thiel - 4.81%
        Gannon - 3.68%
        Grove City - 0.468%

To stick with the premise all these small, private schools do play football and men's basketball. Those are low numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
          I was saying that this statement is incorrect. Please don't ask me why it's incorrect.
          Why are you beating around the bush? Say what you want to say. Are you suggesting Seton Hill discriminates who they accept and deny? You were the one who brought this up, not any of us.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            Seton Hill's African American student population percentage is pretty much right in line with other small schools in the proximity.

Geneva - 9%
            Seton Hill - 6.8%
            St. Vincent - 6.29%
            Otterbein - 6.15%
            Mercyhurst 6.1%
            Washington and Jefferson - 5.25%
            Westminster - 5%
            Thiel - 4.81%
            Gannon - 3.68%
            Grove City - 0.468%

To stick with the premise all these small, private schools do play football and men's basketball. Those are low numbers.
            Otterbein is an odd inclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
              Otterbein is an odd inclusion.
              It's a similar makeup to Seton Hill and just a couple hours away. Costs about the same. Maybe a little more than SH.

Comment

Point is it's hard to single Seton Hill out when it is compared to similar institutions.

To GroundHog's point, remove the football and men's basketball programs from those schools and I think the numbers would be shocking (as in next to nothing).

Comment

Thought the same thing. They are up 11 students in this example. Positive 11 students is a helluva lot better than negative 11 percent over that time.

IUP and many others would love to be up 11 students over that period.

Seton Hill isn't for everybody. It's basically a large high school. I have several friends who sent their kids there. They liked it a lot. Keep in mind their goal isn't to be a diploma factory.

And, like Gannon and Mercyhurst, they certainly feel they are above the perceived lowly state schools.
                  I'd characterize it as a lot of Catholic schools that are still transitioning away from being run by clergy and religious orders. They're behind the times when it comes to offering a dynamic student experience. Students don't go to St. Vincent, Seton Hill, or LaRoche for the social scene.

But back to athletics - it certainly does make it easier for them to enroll men...especially African American men.

Comment

Point is it's hard to single Seton Hill out when it is compared to similar institutions.

To GroundHog's point, remove the football and men's basketball programs from those schools and I think the numbers would be shocking (as in next to nothing).
                    Thanks for acknowledging what my original point was. Good, bad, or indifferent, doesn't matter. I made my point. To me, it's about the values SHU has with respect to the other PSAC schools. They are different. That's my opinion. Everybody has an opinion. I'm cool with that.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                      Thanks for acknowledging what my original point was. Good, bad, or indifferent, doesn't matter. I made my point. To me, it's about the values SHU has with respect to the other PSAC schools. They are different. That's my opinion. Everybody has an opinion. I'm cool with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                        Rock picks up a last minute recruit.

https://twitter.com/ColtonR23/status...44302133874688
                        I like him. plays mean, nasty, and ugly. don't see him on the field as a MLB though. DT and OG but maybe just DT because didn't see much pass blocking on tape.

Comment

Interesting roster additions at Clarion. Terrell Ford WR from Seton Hill and Ellijah Cottrill WR who verballed to Akron in 2014 and played basketball at Clarion last year. But for both of them unless one of the young QB's does something at Clarion being a wr there right now doesnt seem like a lot of fun. And the OL group seems like a lot of freshman.

Seton Hill posted its fall roster. 6 true freshman OL. 9 total OL.

Comment

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
                            That might not go well.

Comment

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
                              Interesting roster additions at Clarion. Terrell Ford WR from Seton Hill and Ellijah Cottrill WR who verballed to Akron in 2014 and played basketball at Clarion last year. But for both of them unless one of the young QB's does something at Clarion being a wr there right now doesnt seem like a lot of fun. And the OL group seems like a lot of freshman.

Jeff Clemens is still there, correct? He's on the roster. He's a decent QB (when his line can keep him standing).

Comment

Originally posted by Mad3 Boss View Post
                                I like him. plays mean, nasty, and ugly. don't see him on the field as a MLB though. DT and OG but maybe just DT because didn't see much pass blocking on tape.
                                Skeptical of a scholarship guy not making it through camp. Freshman camp sucks but still assuming he was getting most if not all paid for there. He originally had mutiple d1 offers.

He will be surprised to show up at SRU and they are better than what he saw at RMU....see how that goes. No risk for SRU though.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X