X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Correct, because Cal would be 5-1 while IUP/SRU end up 6-1.
      Which would still leave CAL @ 9-1 in the end and will likely, though not certainly, get them a PO spot. I'm OK with that.

Comment

• Cal is out either way in a 3 way tie if they lose to SRU. That Clarion game being a no contest only effects SRU or IUP getting in the PSAC championship. The game leaving Cal 4-0 vs psac west teams not involved in the tie and IUP and SRU 5-0.. gives the psac bid to IUP since they beat SRU.

If that clarion game didnt effect anything the tie breaker would go to overall psac record including crossovers which would kick IUP out of the tie and go head to head with SRU-Cal ...which in this hypothetical is saying SRU beat Cal to cause the 3 way tie. ......so SRU gets in.

So Cal wins out beating SRU= Cal in psac championship

SRU beat Cal = IUP in psac championship ( assuming that clarion no contest kicks Cal out of the first time thru the tie breakers like it seems to)

IF this is all correct....that clarion-cal game counting against Cal technically keeps SRU out of the state game if they beat Cal.

The tie breakers are on psacsports.org
        Last edited by EdinboroFB; 10-24-2021, 12:16 AM.

Comment

• Ship shatters a school record in holding Millersville to -69 rushing yards. Eight sacks. Twas not pretty.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Sky high after escaping a high school team and players yelling at your QB? Sounds odd.
            it is weird, this is true. Remember, IUP game didnt end until they were well on their way home from Erie.

ShepFan- is something wrong with Bagent? He's played off the last couple weeks.

Tiebreaker stuff- i thought there was something in there that includes overall record. Im not sure. I just find it odd that teams get rewarded for not playing games. IUP and Cal cant control edinboro/clarion situations but essentially they're rewarded for not playing.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
              Ship shatters a school record in holding Millersville to -69 rushing yards. Eight sacks. Twas not pretty.
              Yeah, Ship actually drew a mention in the main ESPN online sports column this morning, something that obviously does not happen often. I think it actually was -61 yards, but that certainly is bad enough. That was certainly the worst rushing offense Ship has faced in quite a while. In a year where all PSAC teams have a lot of freshmen, Millersville appears to have more than most. I thought the Marauders showed a little fight on defense in the second half (aided by Ship playing reserves the entire fourth quarter), but Coach Morgan obviously still has a lot of work to do there.

Comment

• Comment

• Yeah, I was surprised WC put up 38 points on them. Please play that way up at Ship next year. :-)

Comment

• Is that written in the PSAC By Laws or other official PSAC documents?

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Is that written in the PSAC By Laws or other official PSAC documents?
                      The PSAC uses head-to-head as a criteria. It seems logical.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

I'm about 99% sure IUP would go to the SG if SRU beats Cal (assuming they all win out their other games).

Thankfully for IUP, said SG would be on the road. Lol. They are much better away from home.

BUT ... I'm not confident at all that SRU can actually beat California.

I see a classic trap game for SRU up at Gannon this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I'm about 99% sure IUP would go to the SG if SRU beats Cal (assuming they all win out their other games).

Thankfully for IUP, said SG would be on the road. Lol. They are much better away from home.

BUT ... I'm not confident at all that SRU can actually beat California.

I see a classic trap game for SRU up at Gannon this week.
                          Yeah, I'm thinking that cancelled game does not help Cal in that scenario. I also think Cal will beat SRU. Then again, I thought Shepherd would win by a couple of scores yesterday, and we see what happened there. You never know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

Not saying that it's not, just wanted to see it in an official PSAC document. There are any number of ways that conferences break ties and to just assume that the PSAC does it a particular way is a bit risky. Also risky to just assume that the conference office wouldn't step in and "equalize" the situation for the canceled Cal/Clarion game. Not "fair" for Cal to suffer because another conference foe canceled their game with them.

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Not saying that it's not, just wanted to see it in an official PSAC document. There are any number of ways that conferences break ties and to just assume that the PSAC does it a particular way is a bit risky. Also risky to just assume that the conference office wouldn't step in and "equalize" the situation for the canceled Cal/Clarion game. Not "fair" for Cal to suffer because another conference foe canceled their game with them.
                              Here you go. From the PSAC Football Operating Code:

Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Here you go. From the PSAC Football Operating Code:

This is where I wonder if they go straight to b and c because of COVID. Because if Cal loses to SRU, why punish Cal after they already beat IUP. There is bound to be a conference discussion. At that point, you would be sending a 2 loss team to the title game over two 1 loss teams, it makes zero sense.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X