Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSAC, State Game and beyond...

Starting with the East, KUTZ is in the driver's seat, but traveling to WCU could be a major obstacle. I view the Golden Rams as a close approximation of IUP who are capable of beating the Golden Bears at Farrell. If KUTZ doesn't stumble they are in the SG. SHEP essentially plays two scrimmages and waits. If they don't get in they can take out their frustration on Clarion unless the Golden Eagles come down with another COVID outbreak.
    The West rep is likely the winner of CAL @ SRU starting an hour after KUTZ @ WCU kicks off. If the ROCK wins they go to the SG but risk losing a second game which could effect their PO status. If CAL wins they're in the good position of winning the SG and guaranteeing a playoff spot or losing and almost certainly getting in with one loss.
    Currently no team in the GMAC has less than two loses so they get 1 spot, probably. NE10 has unbeaten BENTLEY and once beaten NEW HAVEN who meet on that same Saturday. If the FALCONS win out they're definitely in, but if the CHARGERS pull an upset, the league may get two teams in.
    In the MEC if NDC wins out they are in and may be the only team since FROSTBURG isn't eligible and CHAS lost to UNC-P today. All of this leaves three, possibly four spots for the PSAC. If we suppose three, then the winner of the SG and two 1 loss teams. Four could open up a spot for the best 2 loss team. It's going to be fun. Initial Regionals come out this week.
    ??????

I'm fairly certain Kutztown gets to the state game as long as they can beat Millersville. Even if they then lose to West Chester, Shepherd and Kutztown would end up tied with the same division record and Kutztown has the head-to-head tiebreaker against Shepherd.

West Chester has two division losses against Shippensburg and Shepherd.

Comment

Originally posted by KU_2014 View Post
      I'm fairly certain Kutztown gets to the state game as long as they can beat Millersville. Even if they then lose to West Chester, Shepherd and Kutztown would end up tied with the same division record and Kutztown has the head-to-head tiebreaker against Shepherd.

West Chester has two division losses against Shippensburg and Shepherd.
      That's what the BEYOND part is about. If KUTZ loses at WCU that's two and leaves them in the SG with a win or go home status in the PO. If SRU makes it to the SG, SHEP finishes with BLOOM, ESU and CLARION pretty much a guaranteed 10-1 record and a pretty high seed. Things can get weird quickly so Good Luck to the BEARS, but don't take that WCU game for granted.

Comment

Even though IUP massively choked today against Cal PA, I think they still have a shot at the playoffs if they win out. A big factor with that is their season finale crossover game is against West Chester (5-3), who has looked pretty good the last two weeks (impressive home win vs East Stroudsburg, close road loss at Shepherd). If the Crimson Hawks take down the Golden Rams (and their other remaining regular season opponents), they'd finish 8-2 with losses to Shepherd and California (both at home, which would hurt them a bit) but also wins over Kutztown (home), Slippery Rock (road), and West Chester (road).

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
          Starting with the East, KUTZ is in the driver's seat, but traveling to WCU could be a major obstacle. I view the Golden Rams as a close approximation of IUP who are capable of beating the Golden Bears at Farrell. If KUTZ doesn't stumble they are in the SG. SHEP essentially plays two scrimmages and waits. If they don't get in they can take out their frustration on Clarion unless the Golden Eagles come down with another COVID outbreak.
          The West rep is likely the winner of CAL @ SRU starting an hour after KUTZ @ WCU kicks off. If the ROCK wins they go to the SG but risk losing a second game which could effect their PO status. If CAL wins they're in the good position of winning the SG and guaranteeing a playoff spot or losing and almost certainly getting in with one loss.
          Currently no team in the GMAC has less than two loses so they get 1 spot, probably. NE10 has unbeaten BENTLEY and once beaten NEW HAVEN who meet on that same Saturday. If the FALCONS win out they're definitely in, but if the CHARGERS pull an upset, the league may get two teams in.
          In the MEC if NDC wins out they are in and may be the only team since FROSTBURG isn't eligible and CHAS lost to UNC-P today. All of this leaves three, possibly four spots for the PSAC. If we suppose three, then the winner of the SG and two 1 loss teams. Four could open up a spot for the best 2 loss team. It's going to be fun. Initial Regionals come out this week.
          ??????
          Kutztown has to lose twice for anyone else to get the East. West Chester already has two losses in the division. Kutztown has beaten Shepherd, so they win the tiebreaker if both have one loss.

Comment

Originally posted by CHIP72 View Post
            Even though IUP massively choked today against Cal PA, I think they still have a shot at the playoffs if they win out. A big factor with that is their season finale crossover game is against West Chester (5-3), who has looked pretty good the last two weeks (impressive home win vs East Stroudsburg, close road loss at Shepherd). If the Crimson Hawks take down the Golden Rams (and their other remaining regular season opponents), they'd finish 8-2 with losses to Shepherd and California (both at home, which would hurt them a bit) but also wins over Kutztown (home), Slippery Rock (road), and West Chester (road).
            If the C'HAWKS win out they will definitely be among the possible 2 loss teams to choose from. But that is going to be a 4-5 member club after teams with possibly no losses (CAL, BENTLEY) and/or one loss ( CAL, BENTLEY, NDU, NEW HAVEN, SHEP, KUTZ, SRU). Considering they were within 4 minutes of a spot in the SG and pretty much a guaranteed PO slot, wishing and hoping on selection Sunday is a scary proposition. From my personal POV things couldn't be better because I can't see any way the VULCANS end up less than 9-1. But there's still a lot of football to play.

Comment

Don't be surprised if iup wins out if they make the playoffs over a 1 loss team.

Cal could be a 1 or 2 seed if they win out...but they should have atleast 3 tough games that they could lose.

Comment

Originally posted by complaint_hopeful View Post
                Don't be surprised if iup wins out if they make the playoffs over a 1 loss team.

Cal could be a 1 or 2 seed if they win out...but they should have atleast 3 tough games that they could lose.
                I thoroughly enjoyed the result today but still have no illusions about my team. Unless they truly screw up there's no way they finish less than 9-1. Beat SHU, lose to SRU and beat BLOOM equals 9-1. Beat SHU, beat SRU and lose to KUTZ equals 9-1. Win all three and get a week off and home field throughout. But this team inspires nothing like the confidence I had in the '16 team....and they lost to SHEP. So, IMO, CAL is in and we'll find out if I've been totally off base all season when the games are played.

Comment

As a Shepherd fan, I abandoned hope for the PSAC East title a while ago. Right now, it is all about winning games and trying to set up playoff positioning.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post
                    As a Shepherd fan, I abandoned hope for the PSAC East title a while ago. Right now, it is all about winning games and trying to set up playoff positioning.
                    Dodged a bullet today, so the worst that's likely to happen, if CAL can beat SRU, is a showdown with the ROCK in week 11 to remain a one loss team. No sweat !!

Comment

Dodged a bullet today, so the worst that's likely to happen, if CAL can beat SRU, is a showdown with the ROCK in week 11 to remain a one loss team. No sweat !!
                      It is going to be WILD

Comment

I think we dodged a missile.

Comment

We definitely dodged a missile today which brings up this thought: TIME OF POSSESSION

How important is it?

Rams score so fast at times that the defense is back on the field. Today WCU had the ball over 39' but lost. IUP had the ball over 33" and lost. ODU had the ball over 33" and lost. KU had the ball over 34" and won with several sustained drives....clock killers...Ship had the ball over 32" and lost...jeesh...LHU had the ball for over 29"

is this detrimental to the defenses? Still no excuses for the Rams safeties

Comment

Originally posted by Rambaseball View Post
                            We definitely dodged a missile today which brings up this thought: TIME OF POSSESSION

How important is it?

Rams score so fast at times that the defense is back on the field. Today WCU had the ball over 39' but lost. IUP had the ball over 33" and lost. ODU had the ball over 33" and lost. KU had the ball over 34" and won with several sustained drives....clock killers...Ship had the ball over 32" and lost...jeesh...LHU had the ball for over 29"

is this detrimental to the defenses? Still no excuses for the Rams safeties

Scoring fast is a detriment for the defense. As the saying goes, you can't score if you don't have the ball. Long sustained drives by your offense limit the opportunity for your opponent to score. Second factor is that when you score quickly, you force your winded defense back on to the field and tired defenses tend to give up more big plays (which result in more points).

Even though obviously is is a much better "problem" to have, it's kind of like a team that has a really bad offense. If your offense goes 3 and out every time, the defense doesn't get an opportunity to rest and get their wind back.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X