Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rambaseball View Post
    We definitely dodged a missile today which brings up this thought: TIME OF POSSESSION

How important is it?

Rams score so fast at times that the defense is back on the field. Today WCU had the ball over 39' but lost. IUP had the ball over 33" and lost. ODU had the ball over 33" and lost. KU had the ball over 34" and won with several sustained drives....clock killers...Ship had the ball over 32" and lost...jeesh...LHU had the ball for over 29"

is this detrimental to the defenses? Still no excuses for the Rams safeties

It's always detrimental to a team to have your defense on the field more than your offense. It obviously makes it easier to win when you score as much as Shepherd does.
    ???

Comment

Maybe. Right now their OWP is pretty good at .630 but their remaining 3 games are against teams currently 10-13 and all three are most likely going to finish 1-2 bringing that final swing to 13-18 combined. I haven't done the math to see how the rest of the contenders finish but that could be a problem.

Comment

I honestly feel that IUP is in if they win out. I think they'll be in the 5-7 range.

Comment

I think 8-2 IUP could be left behind in favor of getting a 9-2 team in. There are a lot of contenders for that qualifier. They're fortunate that Frostburg isn't eligible this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post
            I honestly feel that IUP is in if they win out. I think they'll be in the 5-7 range.
            Two other two-loss teams, Tiffin and Ohio Dominican, play each other this week so one of them is gone from the equation.

SRU has Cal and possibly Shepherd, so their path is very difficult.

New Haven (1 loss) still has to face Bentley.

ND also gets a Pembroke team that just beat Charleston.

Long way to go.

Comment

I think without looking at other conferences and the New Haven's or a 2 loss Charleston and maybe the possibility of the GMAC getting shutout of the playoffs the PSAC can/will get 3-4 teams......so to be that 3rd team in IUP needs SRU and KUTZ to have two losses and theyve beat both head to head. Both situations are very possible.

SRU has Cal and SHEPH or Kutz
              KUTZ has WC and SRU or Cal

one loss by each and both have 2 losses with a head to head loss to IUP

That should put IUP in the top 3 for the psac spots with SHEPH and Cal ahead of KUTZ and SRU

Comment

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
                I think without looking at other conferences and the New Haven's or a 2 loss Charleston and maybe the possibility of the GMAC getting shutout of the playoffs the PSAC can/will get 3-4 teams......so to be that 3rd team in IUP needs SRU and KUTZ to have two losses and theyve beat both head to head. Both situations are very possible.

That should put IUP in the top 3 for the psac spots with SHEPH and Cal ahead of KUTZ and SRU

Feasible but historically they don't knock teams too hard for losing in conference championship games -- especially when the other SR1 leagues don't play one.

Comment

Teams haven't been penalized for losing in the championship game I think since they brought it back. Whoever makes the championship game, I think they are both in regardless of outcome. The game would be strictly for seeding.

IUP needs to be rooting for some chaos in the other leagues to muddy any of them potentially getting 2 entries. That's what Shepherd needed in 2019 and 5 PSAC teams ended up in the field. If the GMAC can cannibalize itself, IUP will be in good shape as long as they take care of their remaining schedule as well. Tiffin still has to play ODU and Findlay. Findlay already has 3 losses, but has had a very difficult schedule so SOS could be a big boost over our teams potentially. ODU still has Tiffin and Hillsdale. So lot of action in the GMAC to finish.

The NE10 should only get one with Bentley, but if they lose to New Haven that becomes a 2 bid league for sure with NH getting the 2nd spot. MEC has ND definitely in most likely and Charleston as a 9-2 candidate against IUP's 8-2... cue the violins there and extra game schedule talk.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Feasible but historically they don't knock teams too hard for losing in conference championship games -- especially when the other SR1 leagues don't play one.
                    Maybe, but its best for IUP if the two teams that theyve beat (SRU and KUtz) end up with 2 losses and the two theyve lost to dont matter (sheph and Cal). I dont count shipp in this scenario for the psac playoff bids. I think there is 5 psac teams up for 3-4 bids and to be safe you want in the top 3 because it really might be only 3 bids.

And with regard to psac championship effecting final rankings....its probably best for Cal to beat SRU then and IUP hope to be a 4th psac bid. (if losing in psac champ wont hurt kutz)
                    get SRU bounced this weekend and hope for 4 bids.

Comment

IF Kutztown loses to SRU or CAL and has 2 losses be tough to get in over a 2 loss IUP that beat them. I think that will depend on the other factors involved like SOS. I dont think losing the psac championship theyll automatically get in.

Comment

IF Kutztown loses to SRU or CAL and has 2 losses be tough to get in over a 2 loss IUP that beat them. I think that will depend on the other factors involved like SOS. I dont think losing the psac championship theyll automatically get in.
                        My point being i'd beat if a team hasnt been punished for losing the psac champ before it was because the other numbers backed them up being picked vs the other teams in contention for a spot......not because there is a point not to punish that team.

Comment

But Kutztown beat Shepherd. So should they get in over Shep? And then Shep beat IUP, so shouldn't they...

Comment

But...IUP will be a 2 loss team with 8 wins when most other 2 loss teams will have 9 wins. Hate to keep coming back to it but that 11th game could be the hidden nail for the Crimson Torts.

Comment

Here's my in-depth analysis of the situation.

Chaos!

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

That's what the BEYOND part is about. If KUTZ loses at WCU that's two and leaves them in the SG with a win or go home status in the PO. If SRU makes it to the SG, SHEP finishes with BLOOM, ESU and CLARION pretty much a guaranteed 10-1 record and a pretty high seed. Things can get weird quickly so Good Luck to the BEARS, but don't take that WCU game for granted.
                                Ah, yeah I get what you're saying now. I could easily see Kutztown ending up with 3 losses honestly and out of the playoffs. I was able to watch their last two games and I just did not think they looked that good on offense. Nickel is certainly not what DiGalbo was two years ago.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X