Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
    Yinz can’t have bad teeth to work at Sheetz!

https://www.businessinsider.com/shee...-policy-2023-1
    A few thoughts on this:

1. Laughable because Sheetz is in MANY rural communities that don't have access to dental care or have the financial capacity for dental repair.

2. There is a longstanding rumor that Sheetz refuses to open stores in urban communities, even those where Sheetz would be the only source of gas & food. Also a place where folks have less access or financial capacity for dental work.

At first I thought this was a racist policy (like those that prohibit hairstyles common among Black people) and gave up on that notion. Now I'm rethinking it.

Comment

My mother grew up in Wawa, PA and I have always been partial to Wawa. Now let's bring the real king, Buc'ees, to Pennsylvania.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

A few thoughts on this:

1. Laughable because Sheetz is in MANY rural communities that don't have access to dental care or have the financial capacity for dental repair.

2. There is a longstanding rumor that Sheetz refuses to open stores in urban communities, even those where Sheetz would be the only source of gas & food. Also a place where folks have less access or financial capacity for dental work.

At first I thought this was a racist policy (like those that prohibit hairstyles common among Black people) and gave up on that notion. Now I'm rethinking it.
        I have checked the store locator on Sheetz's website and they do not have one store inside the Pittsburgh city limits. Every location in Allegheny County is outside the city limits.

Comment

I had to dig deep to resurrect this thread! I read that President Biden stopped by a Pittsburgh area sheetz to by sandwiches for construction workers.

My first thought was 'how will IUPNATION reconcile this?' Aren't you a Wawa man nation? LOL.

ps, this post is in good fun and NOT meant to be political. Have a nice day.
          GO HUSKIES!

Comment

Originally posted by CC_BU View Post
            I had to dig deep to resurrect this thread! I read that President Biden stopped by a Pittsburgh area sheetz to by sandwiches for construction workers.

My first thought was 'how will IUPNATION reconcile this?' Aren't you a Wawa man nation? LOL.

Lackanwanna county just finalized a deal for our first Wawa. Right in the middle of Sheetz county. Going to be interesting to see how it goes.

Comment

Sheetz has great drinks and clean bathrooms. Wawa has better food, hands down. Sheetz puts pickles in their Chicken Salad, a clear violation...

Comment

Sheetz is going to be overrun by Wawa. With their recent emphasis on expansion, they are moving into areas that are salivating for a Wawa in their community, It's going to be a mini-phenomena. Wawa is now a national brand even though their footprint is still regional.

Comment

I'd take a new Royal Farms over either.

I've lived in both camps. Sheetz and Wawa both had major food quality declines in my opinion. Wawa used to have incredible buns. Now they taste like the garbage at Subway.

Comment

There is an article in the Harrisburg/PennLive newspaper today that the federal government is suing Sheetz. The charge is that Sheetz discriminated against minority job applicants. Joe Biden needs to stop buying snacks at Sheetz. Therre is another article in the paper today regarding new stores planned in central PA for Wawa and Sheetz. It does not mention new stores within the city of Harrisburg.

Comment

Originally posted by CC_BU View Post

Well…where else was he going to buy gas station food in the Yinzerlands?

Fat Felon was in the King of Prussia Wawa some years ago. He probably left without paying.

Wawa just broke ground on stores in Central PA..creeping further west into Sheetz territory.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                        Sheetz has great drinks and clean bathrooms. Wawa has better food, hands down. Sheetz puts pickles in their Chicken Salad, a clear violation...
                        Ew! That’s some Karen style bullschitt there like raisins in potato salad.

I don’t care for Wawa’s tuna. They had good egg salad but stopped offering it. They do have the best Mac N Cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                          Sheetz is going to be overrun by Wawa. With their recent emphasis on expansion, they are moving into areas that are salivating for a Wawa in their community, It's going to be a mini-phenomena. Wawa is now a national brand even though their footprint is still regional.
                          Wawa’s model is they go in business with property owners. They build the store on their land or joint share the cost of construction. The land owner owns the store and Wawa then leases it back for like 25 years. I always wondered where were they getting money to buy all this land but they don’t. But if you owned land and Wawa approached you, you’d do it in a second.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                            I'd take a new Royal Farms over either.

I've lived in both camps. Sheetz and Wawa both had major food quality declines in my opinion. Wawa used to have incredible buns. Now they taste like the garbage at Subway.
                            Because they get them frozen…no way they could get fresh rolls delivered to stores like 30 years ago. The hoagies aren’t as good as they once were..and you can add in they stopped slicing the meat in store too…..

Comment

Originally posted by ShipAlum View Post
                              There is an article in the Harrisburg/PennLive newspaper today that the federal government is suing Sheetz. The charge is that Sheetz discriminated against minority job applicants. Joe Biden needs to stop buying snacks at Sheetz. Therre is another article in the paper today regarding new stores planned in central PA for Wawa and Sheetz. It does not mention new stores within the city of Harrisburg.
                              Sheetz doesn’t operate in urban areas. They do not have one store inside Pittsburgh. Wawa should rectify that situation,

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Well…where else was he going to buy gas station food in the Yinzerlands?

Fat Felon was in the King of Prussia Wawa some years ago. He probably left without paying.

Wawa just broke ground on stores in Central PA..creeping further west into Sheetz territory.
                                Wawa wants to go into the Midwest and South too:

https://www.wawa.com/iframe/about/pu...expansion-news

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X