Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Sheetz doesn’t operate in urban areas. They do not have one store inside Pittsburgh. Wawa should rectify that situation,
    Lots of Sheetz in the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area. That is urban; not Philly or Pitt, but still urban.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipAlum View Post
      There is an article in the Harrisburg/PennLive newspaper today that the federal government is suing Sheetz. The charge is that Sheetz discriminated against minority job applicants. Joe Biden needs to stop buying snacks at Sheetz. Therre is another article in the paper today regarding new stores planned in central PA for Wawa and Sheetz. It does not mention new stores within the city of Harrisburg.
      Right. They discriminated against minority applicants through a stated policy of not hiring people who have a criminal record which has negatively impacted minority applicants. First it was the bad teeth no hire policy, now this. It's all against EEOC laws. Sheetz' management seems to be a little out of step with life in America. Doesn't matter how clean their bathrooms are.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Right. They discriminated against minority applicants through a stated policy of not hiring people who have a criminal record which has negatively impacted minority applicants. First it was the bad teeth no hire policy, now this. It's all against EEOC laws. Sheetz' management seems to be a little out of step with life in America. Doesn't matter how clean their bathrooms are.
        White people have criminal records, too.

The no teeth policy is pretty comical. It's amazing that's actually a thing. But, how many actors or models get hired with a face full of missing teeth? Do you want your top salesmen pitching a client and looking like a hockey player with no front teeth? I sure as hell do not.

I don't hire anybody with a criminal record. Lots of companies don't. This will likely just open a massive can of worms.

Comment

Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post

Lots of Sheetz in the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area. That is urban; not Philly or Pitt, but still urban.
          Let’s rephrase, the don’t operate where brown people are the majority.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

The bad teeth rule is funny. I mean that pretty much nullified 75 percent of their footprint.

Comment

Let’s rephrase, the don’t operate where brown people are the majority.
              I believe Sheetz now only has full service stores (gas, car wash, etc). They tried a few no-gas locations but went away from that concept. Their locations are huge. They don't really 'fit' in the downtown of major cities. They'd have to buy huge lots, which cost a fortune.

I don't think there's anything more to it than they just don't want to operate inside a major city. Trucking is a pain, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I believe Sheetz now only has full service stores (gas, car wash, etc). They tried a few no-gas locations but went away from that concept. Their locations are huge. They don't really 'fit' in the downtown of major cities. They'd have to buy huge lots, which cost a fortune.

I don't think there's anything more to it than they just don't want to operate inside a major city. Trucking is a pain, etc.
                Wawa still operates non gas stores. They claim they closed Center City non gas stores because of crime but it really was they didn’t want to admit they were failing. Covid put less workers in offices who were mostly going to Wawa. Those who live in the city were not going into the Wawas for good. There are numerous better options. Plus they opened too many and too close to each other.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

White people have criminal records, too.

The no teeth policy is pretty comical. It's amazing that's actually a thing. But, how many actors or models get hired with a face full of missing teeth? Do you want your top salesmen pitching a client and looking like a hockey player with no front teeth? I sure as hell do not.

I don't hire anybody with a criminal record. Lots of companies don't. This will likely just open a massive can of worms.
                  Deleted
                  Last edited by iupgroundhog; 04-19-2024, 03:14 PM. Reason: Decided to just let Sheetz iron this out in federal court.

Comment

Well I certainly didn't have Alabama on my Wawa bingo card - https://www.al.com/life/2024/04/ive-...n-alabama.html

Comment

Originally posted by nodnol View Post
                      Well I certainly didn't have Alabama on my Wawa bingo card - https://www.al.com/life/2024/04/ive-...n-alabama.html
                      With their business model, it’s not hard for them to expand.

The problem is the bigger they get, the further away from the times their food was really good. A Wawa hoagie in the 90’s was high quality. Now they pre slice everything and the rolls come in frozen. It’s not the same.

Comment

The problem is the bigger they get, the further away from the times their food was really good. A Wawa hoagie in the 90’s was high quality. Now they pre slice everything and the rolls come in frozen. It’s not the same.
                        It won't be a Philly thing anymore.

Comment

Agree with that - still have no desire to try their "pizza"

Comment

Originally posted by nodnol View Post

Agree with that - still have no desire to try their "pizza"
                            I have not tried it either. They finally went to Made to Order wraps. Before they were premade in the grab and go case and not much variety. I had a bacon ranch chicken Sammie the other day and it was decent.

Comment

Whether you're in the Sheetz or Wawa camp, we need to remember that they're not five star restaurants.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no food critic, I still like the food even if it's pre-made stuff.
                              GO HUSKIES!

Comment

Originally posted by CC_BU View Post

Whether you're in the Sheetz or Wawa camp, we need to remember that they're not five star restaurants.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no food critic, I still like the food even if it's pre-made stuff.
                                ..but the quality of the hoagies were far superior at Wawa before they went to the big store with gas model…

They didn’t have the big menu..it was simple and it was good. I remember a person took your order on paper….

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X