Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    We're in the time of year where schools are advertising "restricted earnings" and volunteer positions. $10,000 and free housing to coach linebackers at a D2 school in backwater Anywhere USA.
    It's a tough profession. Without some connections, that's sometimes the only way to get started.

I know years IUP has actually had to interview for their 'volunteer' positions.

The main goal of (most) D2 assistants to to not be D2 assistants for very long.

I think at most of our programs the coordinator positions at least start making a decent living (small town standards). Mike Campolo types are unicorns, pay-wise, at this level. But, he's put his time in and been very successful. I know he's an alumni here and all but I'm shocked he hasn't been snatched for a HC job.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It's a tough profession. Without some connections, that's sometimes the only way to get started.

I know years IUP has actually had to interview for their 'volunteer' positions.

The main goal of (most) D2 assistants to to not be D2 assistants for very long.

I think at most of our programs the coordinator positions at least start making a decent living (small town standards). Mike Campolo types are unicorns, pay-wise, at this level. But, he's put his time in and been very successful. I know he's an alumni here and all but I'm shocked he hasn't been snatched for a HC job.
      Yep. Coordinators in the PSAC are generally in the mid 50s but some will crack six figures. Even at places with deeper resources like Slippery Rock the coordinators are "only" making about $75k. At this level there are still head coaches not making $100k.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I’m reminded of a quote I once read in a book about coaching. Something along the lines of “sometimes you have to ask yourself if you’re willing to go backwards in order to go forwards” i.e. go from being a HS head coach or coordinator to a college assistant making potentially less money because it’s a better career path if you want to be a college HC some day.

Comment

David Castillo, Former ESU DB and most recently DB Coach at Seton Hill is moving to Elizabeth City State...

https://twitter.com/HBCUSports1/stat...57425760772096

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X