Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D3 Football Championship

Currently watching Mount Union vs. North Central (Illinois) in the D3 Football Championship. My goodness, these teams would beat almost all the PSAC and would give the top tier a tough game. This is really impressive to watch.

If Mount Union ever joined the GMAC, they would be immediate favorites to win SR1, I think.

Comment

The thing to remember about D3 schools is that they are playing against other D3 schools.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post
        The thing to remember about D3 schools is that they are playing against other D3 schools.
        Correct. It's tough to say.

Would they look like they do paired up against a team who can hit back? They play a lot of (small and slow) meatballs in D3 throughout the year.

Sure, they'd smoke many in the PSAC but I don't think the top teams..

People about to watch Ferris will say the same thing about them being up a level. Yes, Ferris would smoke the pretend Robert Morris types of 'D1' but they wouldnt beat the James Madison level.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Correct. It's tough to say.

Would they look like they do paired up against a team who can hit back? They play a lot of (small and slow) meatballs in D3 throughout the year.

Sure, they'd smoke many in the PSAC but I don't think the top teams..

People about to watch Ferris will say the same thing about them being up a level. Yes, Ferris would smoke the pretend Robert Morris types of 'D1' but they wouldnt beat the James Madison level.
          I think they beat the lower tier and play competitively and beat a few of the middle teams, but wouldn’t have the depth of talent to hang with the big dogs. If you see a DIII game in person, it looks pretty slow compared to DII. As mentioned earlier, DIII teams look good partially because they’re playing other DIII teams.

Comment

The perennial DIII powers would do well right away for the same reason most perennial move-up schools do well immediately: they're a strong program that's already viewed as attractive by recruits. Its pretty rare that a school simply flexing financial muscle (see: Incarnate Word) does well quickly.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X