Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D3 football games to be televised weekly

Presidents' Athletic Conference football games to be televised on Pittsburgh's CW | TribLIVE.com

I like this. Anything that amplifies the validity and quality of football below FBS. My only reservation is where the cameras will be placed. Nearly every time a game is broadcast from a smaller FCS, D2, or D3 stadium the cameras are on the home stand facing the away sideline, picking up annoying home stand chatter and showing dinky if any away bleachers.

Comment

Feels like a bit of a slap in the face to the PSAC given there are two-three regionally successful teams (one with a distant but not entirely forgotten past of national success) inside the same footprint. Were Murray and Co. out to lunch or something while KDKA/CBS Pittsburgh was looking for sports to fill their broadcast schedule?

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigCat2192 View Post
        Feels like a bit of a slap in the face to the PSAC given there are two-three regionally successful teams (one with a distant but not entirely forgotten past of national success) inside the same footprint. Were Murray and Co. out to lunch or something while KDKA/CBS Pittsburgh was looking for sports to fill their broadcast schedule?
        I bet it was the opposite and the PAC approached KDKA/WB and are heavily subsidizing it. That's how it worked for Cal years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I bet it was the opposite and the PAC approached KDKA/WB and are heavily subsidizing it. That's how it worked for Cal years ago.
          It is cool for them. I can't imagine D3 or D2 moves the needle much, ratings-wise, but for us diehards it is nice to watch a game with neutral announcers.

There may be one weekend a year I don't go to the IUP game (home and away) but I have sympathy for you guys watching some of these PSAC broadcasts.

Comment

PSAC home office should be embarrassed by this to say the least, SMH.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigCat2192 View Post
              Anyone remember Sports Fever Television Network's "coverage" of PSAC football?
              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Yes. PAC is almost certainly buying the airtime

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Sure, but I guess no one else does?

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Yep. Before that PCN. Plus the aforementioned Cal "paid programming" on WPCW.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X