• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Huskie14 View Post
    How many scholarships does Kutz have?
    12 or 13

Comment

Originally posted by Boro33 View Post
      12 or 13
      I don't believe so. I'd be surprised because that's a big jump for a program that has historically been fundraising in the single digits.

For those who are newer, PASSHE schools like Kutztown can't discount tuition like the privates or use university dollars for athletic scholarships, so every dollar offered and awarded is a real dollar generated from someone's donation or some football-specific revenue like a golf outing.

Comment

Again, the latest info I've seen is as follows from 2021-2022 (so Fall 2021 football season):

Bloomsburg: 8.98
        California: 21.18
        Clarion: 12.30
        East Stroudsburg: 9.96
        Edinboro: 8.83
        Gannon: 25.76
        IUP: 18.84
        Kutztown: 8.32
        Lock Haven: 4.56
        Mercyhurst: 34.54
        Millersville: 11.52
        Seton Hill: 15.31
        Shepherd: 16.30
        Shippensburg: 12.07
        Slippery Rock: 17.23
        West Chester: 8.33

PASSHE schools award with real dollars generated from fundraising (golf outings, donations, sponsorships, etc.). For example, Kutztown awarded $219,524.11 in football scholarships to 83 students for the dollar equivalent of 8.32 full scholarships.

Private schools award by discounting from the sticker price (like new college grads getting $500 off a new car). For example, Gannon discounted a total of $1,282,048 in football scholarships to 86 students for the dollar equivalent of 25.76 full scholarships.

NCAA Division II allows for the maximum of the equivalent of 36 full scholarships for football. The PSAC does not have a cap. Scholarship money obviously can be divided up amongst players. Gannon gave football scholarships to 86 of 101 players (so there were 15 walk-ons) and Kutztown gave scholarships to 83 of 105 players (so there were 22 walk-ons).

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X