3 Albany State (GA) 8-1 8-1
    4 West Florida 4-1 6-1
    5 West Georgia 7-2 7-2
    6 Mars Hill 6-2 6-2
    7 Newberry 7-2 7-2
    8 West Alabama 6-2 6-2
    9 Savannah State 7-2 7-2
    10 Lenoir-Rhyne 6-2 6-2
    Fayetteville State (7-1, 7-1) drops out of the Top 10.

How does FSU drop out of the top 10 and did not lose?

Comment

Originally posted by WSSU1996 View Post
      How does FSU drop out of the top 10 and did not lose?
      The teams that passed them beat better opponents. Livingstone was 1-7.
      Last edited by Inkblot; 11-02-2021, 03:55 PM.

Comment

^agree. L-R blew the doors off Wingate. I'd say Fayetteville is probably #11.

Comment

So question for inkblot and canadarican since you guys truly are the gurus at figuring out these rankings.

What's better for FSU, Wingate beating Newberry or Wingate losing to Newberry? I mean I know if Wingate loses it hurts FSU's SOS, but it seems that would completely knock Wingate out of the picture. Yet, if Wingate wins that would probably put them back in the rankings and the head to head win would keep Wingate ranked above FSU.

Comment

Short of beating Bowie State, I'm not sure how much anything can help FSU.

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post
              So question for inkblot and canadarican since you guys truly are the gurus at figuring out these rankings.

What's better for FSU, Wingate beating Newberry or Wingate losing to Newberry? I mean I know if Wingate loses it hurts FSU's SOS, but it seems that would completely knock Wingate out of the picture. Yet, if Wingate wins that would probably put them back in the rankings and the head to head win would keep Wingate ranked above FSU.
              I'm sorry I missed this. I agree with Ink. Unless every two loss team loses tomorrow freakishly I don't see FSU getting in if they lose to Bowie.

But if they win...boy oh boy it gets more interesting than an episode of Maury

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X