Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winston has a surprisingly good fan turn out. I could be overestimating how long it takes to ride from North Carolina to Ohio though.

If the organizers of this game were smart, they'd get Central State to play in it game every year and put them on the sideline facing the main camera (side Winston is on today). Every time they cut to the seats on Central's side it looks pretty full compared to Winston's.

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post
      Winston has a surprisingly good fan turn out. I could be overestimating how long it takes to ride from North Carolina to Ohio though.

If the organizers of this game were smart, they'd get Central State to play in it game every year and put them on the sideline facing the main camera (side Winston is on today). Every time they cut to the seats on Central's side it looks pretty full compared to Winston's.
      We travel well, especially for classic games. The game was actually drivable for our fans in NC.

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post

We travel well, especially for classic games. The game was actually drivable for our fans in NC.
        I checked Google after I made the post. Saw that it's not much further than driving to Bowie State or Lincoln coming from Winston-Salem. I've definitely seen WSSU fans come in droves to Bulldog Stadium. (Sidenote: Bowie has expanded the stadium. Wonder if you guys could fill the visitors side with it's new additions)

Now I kinda want to see WSSU play Tuskegee in the Red Tails Classic down in Montgomery AL.

Shout out to the NFL Network. They've shown more of an HBCU halftime show than I've ever seen a major network do.

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post

I checked Google after I made the post. Saw that it's not much further than driving to Bowie State or Lincoln coming from Winston-Salem. I've definitely seen WSSU fans come in droves to Bulldog Stadium. (Sidenote: Bowie has expanded the stadium. Wonder if you guys could fill the visitors side with it's new additions)

Now I kinda want to see WSSU play Tuskegee in the Red Tails Classic down in Montgomery AL.

Shout out to the NFL Network. They've shown more of an HBCU halftime show than I've ever seen a major network do.
          Tuskegee actually owes us a return trip. We had them scheduled for homecoming in 2020, but COVID killed that.

Comment

Central State is up now 27-14 in the 3rd.

Comment

Now Central State up 41-21. They should call this the Turnover Classic. Central State is going to have a winning record this year

Comment

I have reviewed all the statements about this game and am in pretty much agreement with most. Honestly, my expectations were not high but wishful for this team. Though I would love to see them be successful this season it will be tough. New coaches, new (title only) HC, and new philosophy. I view this as a building year. To create a culture all Massey's. I am a little disappointed in the plays being ran. I felt like the OC was holding back from showing upcoming opponents (maybe). After seeing NCCU against A&T last night next week might be REAL TROUBLE. Now for me to my Sunday drinks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoVSUTrojans View Post
                  Now Central State up 41-21. They should call this the Turnover Classic. Central State is going to have a winning record this year
                  I don't know about that. Watching the Red Tails Classic right now. Both Fort Valley State and Tuskegee look like they can easily beat Central State. A win over WSSU isn't the major accomplishment it was 6 to 10 years ago.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X