• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
    what a charlie-fox of an organization.

Comment

When it rains it pours.

https://abc11.com/st-augustines-laws...ball/14228971/

Comment

Former St Augustine's president Christen Johnson McPhail is sueing $$$$$ the school for different reasons including racial bias.

Comment

I think this picture fairly depicts St. Augustine University's current state of affairs.

Last edited by crixus; 01-01-2024, 12:15 PM.
          Go Mustangs!

Comment

Now, students have been told not to return to campus until the 22nd. The reason given was a lack of hot water.

At this point, I would suggest combining Shaw and St Augustine into Shaw St Augustine University.
            They could utilize the value of the St Augustine campus real estate value by selling it and using the money to really shore up the Shaw campus, and use the rest of the money to have the combined school financially secure while becoming self sufficient.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
              Now, students have been told not to return to campus until the 22nd. The reason given was a lack of hot water.

At this point, I would suggest combining Shaw and St Augustine into Shaw St Augustine University.
              They could utilize the value of the St Augustine campus real estate value by selling it and using the money to really shore up the Shaw campus, and use the rest of the money to have the combined school financially secure while becoming self sufficient.
              St. Augustine's financial troubles remind me of when the University of Hawaii's athletic department was so broke that in 2012 the University moved its olympic sports from the WAC to the Big West conference to $ave on travel. Other than Hawaii, all of the Big West teams are located in California.
              Go Mustangs!

Comment

I'm hoping for the best, but I wouldn't be shocked if St Augs isn't around next school year.

Comment

St Augs has until January 21st to appeal the decision to deny accreditation of the school. Not having accreditation would really negatively effect the perception of the school offering a legitimate quality education. Definitely could effect signing day and having a football program in general.

Comment

In looking at the logical options, Shaw should sell their small acreage campus (30 acres), aquire St Augustine much larger campus and combine the two, and call it The Elijah Shaw United University. Shaw's present major asset is it's real estate value. With this move ESUU would become a very secure HBCU without dependency on ongoing outside funding for its long-term survival.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
                      In looking at the logical options, Shaw should sell their small acreage campus (30 acres), aquire St Augustine much larger campus and combine the two, and call it The Elijah Shaw United University. Shaw's present major asset is it's real estate value. With this move ESUU would become a very secure HBCU without dependency on ongoing outside funding for its long-term survival.
                      I like your idea, but I'd drop United from the name. It seems a bit wordy, IMHO. But Elijah Shaw University has a nice ring to it.
                      Go Mustangs!

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post

I like your idea, but I'd drop United from the name. It seems a bit wordy, IMHO. But Elijah Shaw University has a nice ring to it.
                        Hummmm, I agree, gives more credence. 'Elijah Shaw University'

Comment

I'm now seeing in the news that students at Shaw are too having to deal with no heat and hot water. 🥶

Comment

https://www.cbs17.com/news/local-new...accreditation/

St. Augs "has launched a fundraising campaign with a goal of $5 million. The goal of the Falcon Pride Initiative Fund is to prove to SACSCOC that the university is financially stable."

Not sure if a last ditch fundraiser would prove a university is stable.

Comment

I am hearing that they have been notified that their appeal was denied. This on the heals of a report that they didn't make payroll last week. Have heard to expect an announcement within the next 24 hours.

Comment

Potentially a very bad and sad situation for the students and student athletes. .

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X