Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unaccredited institution do not receive any federal funding or assistance, wich around 85% of their students receive and depend on.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
      Unaccredited institution do not receive any federal funding or assistance, wich around 85% of their students receive and depend on.
      Right. It makes it very hard for the institution to survive, but not technically impossible. Morris Brown existed for many years before becoming re-acreddited.

Comment

Yep, after many years, and selling off a big percentage of their land, Morris Brown College was able to get re-acreddited. However, after being a Division 1 school with over 3,000 students at one time, it's now remains as a shell of it's former self. The school now only has around 300+ students, even after slashings their tuition rates down from around $7,000 to $1,500.

Ironically, Morris Brown College's impressive football stadium, was also sold off, and now belongs to Clark Atlanta University.
        Last edited by Eagle74; 03-18-2024, 05:30 PM.

Comment

I'm glad that they had people competing in the indoor track national championships last week. However, if the school paid for the team's transportation, meals, and possibly accommodations, and if I was an employee of the school depending on getting paid to feed my family, and the school claims they can't afford to pay me for ongoing weeks, I'd be freaking mad as ale!
          If I'm not mistaken, the NCAA usually foots the bill for lodging and other expenses for national championships.
          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

St Augs students were told today that due to a lack of funding, starting April 1st all classes will be virtual (on-line). In other words, move out, and don't bother coming back to the dorms, classes, or campus. This has to be devastating, especially for the school's athletes.

Comment

https://www.wxii12.com/article/north...ril-1/60246870

Comment

Another link (from a station in Raleigh):

https://www.wral.com/story/financial...tees/21336316/

Comment

Moving forward, in my opinion, it's basically going to be impossible to field athletic teams with everyone at home taking classes online.

Comment

Moving forward, in my opinion, it's basically going to be impossible to field athletic teams with everyone at home taking classes online.
                    That may be a moot point as Saint Augustine's may have already quietly canceled spring play before this. Outdoor track & field events are still listed but the women's team wasn't at the listed Bob Hayes Invitational meet last weekend. Softball and men's golf aren't being played as already noted. It looks like the NCAA indoor track & field championships could end up as the last hurrah for Saint Augustine's athletics.
                    Last edited by DCAbloob; 03-21-2024, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DCAbloob View Post

That may be a moot point as Saint Augustine's may have already quietly canceled spring play before this. Outdoor track & field events are still listed but the women's team wasn't at the listed Bob Hayes Invitational meet last weekend. Softball and men's golf aren't being played as already noted. It looks like the NCAA indoor track & field championships could end up as the last hurrah for Saint Augustine's athletics.
                      I agree. At this point, I believe the teams that have Saint Augustine on their upcoming football schedules should already be looking at other potential options.

Comment

The 2024 football schedule for the Falcons has been removed. Not looking good for SAU.

Comment

Originally posted by #1 Jayhawk Fan View Post
                          The 2024 football schedule for the Falcons has been removed. Not looking good for SAU.
                          FWIW, SAU still appears on the Johnson C Smith and Winston-Salem State schedules, but that's still not a good sign for SAU.

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

FWIW, SAU still appears on the Johnson C Smith and Winston-Salem State schedules, but that's still not a good sign for SAU.
                            From my understanding WSSU was notified a few weeks ago that St Augs was terminating the 2024 football season. I guess we are still working on trying to find a replacement. With it being a November game I'm thinking our best option is trying to find a week 0 game instead.

​​​​​​

Comment

HBCU Gameday has been told it is "99% likely" that Saint Augustine's will not play football in 2024. Additional, Saint Augustine's is not holding spring football practice and multiple CIAA schools are reportedly seeking replacement opponents.
                              https://hbcugameday.com/2024/03/27/h...tball-in-2024/

Comment

At this point the 8 CIAA schools that had St Augs on their schedule need to operate like they need a replacement game. From what I can tell it looks like Lincoln, Blue State, and ECSU were the Northern crossover games for St Augs this year. It seems like what would make the most sense would be to schedule "makeup" conference week 0 games with teams that aren't already scheduled to play.

For example, Lincoln and WSSU both have St Augs on their schedules and Lincoln and WSSU aren't scheduled to play this year. Might as well just play each other in week 0 and use the current St Augs weeks as byes for the respective schools. If ECSU and Blue State don't have week 0 games then they could do the same and schedule a Southern division school that they aren't scheduled to play in Week 0.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X