Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post

How did ball carrier fall on 2-yard line and "Roll In" for a TD. Really ??!!
    Yep

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post

If you have a channel that is Cox Sports, you may be able to see it. A list is a couple posts back.

A neat little trick on ESPN3 if you don't see your game listed for a replay, is to in the search box type your school's name. If they have a copy of the game, it will come up.
      I did not know this, can't wait to get home to watch the game today!

I love wins like this one, we got the result we wanted and the coaching satff has a lot of material work with. We're not quite at the fine tuning stage, a few more games under our belt with some heavy coaching then we can dial it down.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

I did not know this, can't wait to get home to watch the game today!

I love wins like this one, we got the result we wanted and the coaching satff has a lot of material work with. We're not quite at the fine tuning stage, a few more games under our belt with some heavy coaching then we can dial it down.
        It is still a growing process. For the most part I liked the way the team responded to adverse situations. This team does not quit,

#BlazerNation

Comment

Win the game and complain. Only at VSU. Shame shame. Y'all sound like TUNA fans. lol

Comment

Originally posted by LU71 View Post
            Win the game and complain. Only at VSU. Shame shame. Y'all sound like TUNA fans. lol
            Not really complaining. Players work too hard to have glaring mistakes like that by the refs. But more proud of the team for playing through all that.

It was a tough game no doubt. Tigers gave the team a tough test. I expect the Tigers to go 9-1 and meet us again in the playoffs. As they say, "It ain't over".

#BlazerNation

Comment

Championships are won and lost in the trenches.

UWA is very strong in the trenches - both sides of the ball.

Comment

Not really complaining. Players work too hard to have glaring mistakes like that by the refs. But more proud of the team for playing through all that.

It was a tough game no doubt. Tigers gave the team a tough test. I expect the Tigers to go 9-1 and meet us again in the playoffs. As they say, "It ain't over".
                I may agree with that statement. Your QB play was the difference in the game. Took what the defense gave you, which was the QB run. Enjoyable trip to Valdosta. I say that we learned a lot as well. I know y'all talked about the missed call on the TD but also a missed helmet to helmet on our first drive. Our QBs have to do a better job of taking what the defense gives you as well. You can't always go for the deep ball. Hats off, ya'll were the better team this time! Hope to see you in the playoffs.

Comment

The officials awarded UWA a TD that they didn't actually score. In all likelihood they would have pushed it on in given the way they were moving the ball, but that can't be presumed.

The officials made a bad call on the fumble on the kickoff. The VSU player that recovered the ball clearly scooped it up and ran it into the end zone, but they ruled that his knee was on the ground when he recovered it. It wasn't. He clearly scooped it up on the run. VSU ultimately didn't score on that possession, if i remember correctly.

There was also a catch in which the refs ruled the VSU bobbled the ball. The radio announcers didn't agree. I didn't see that replay on the Goff show.

That's a lot of points. Ultimately, it didn't impact the outcome, but in a close game it could have.

Comment

Originally posted by toad27 View Post

I may agree with that statement. Your QB play was the difference in the game. Took what the defense gave you, which was the QB run. Enjoyable trip to Valdosta. I say that we learned a lot as well. I know y'all talked about the missed call on the TD but also a missed helmet to helmet on our first drive. Our QBs have to do a better job of taking what the defense gives you as well. You can't always go for the deep ball. Hats off, ya'll were the better team this time! Hope to see you in the playoffs.

Comment

To the contrary, I wasn't complaining. We played a tough opponent which exposed some issues. That's how teams get better, right?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post
                          The officials awarded UWA a TD that they didn't actually score. In all likelihood they would have pushed it on in given the way they were moving the ball, but that can't be presumed.

The officials made a bad call on the fumble on the kickoff. The VSU player that recovered the ball clearly scooped it up and ran it into the end zone, but they ruled that his knee was on the ground when he recovered it. It wasn't. He clearly scooped it up on the run. VSU ultimately didn't score on that possession, if i remember correctly.

There was also a catch in which the refs ruled the VSU bobbled the ball. The radio announcers didn't agree. I didn't see that replay on the Goff show.

That's a lot of points. Ultimately, it didn't impact the outcome, but in a close game it could have.
                          One of our photographers got a picture of the catch. He had possession by the time he reached the back of the end zone.

#BlazerNation

Comment

VSU is always tough on us. lol....I'd like to see a rematch deep into the playoffs.

Comment

Comment

VSU is always tough on us. lol....I'd like to see a rematch deep into the playoffs.

I think that is most likely, but Tigers need to work on the secondary. See you Novmeber 16th.
                                <>

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X