Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regional rankings Nov. 4, 2019

https://www.d2football.com/regional-...gs-2019-11-04/

Well, that should motivate the VSU crew..............

Downside of late season bye week.

Comment

Originally posted by William Fisher Iv View Post
      Downside of late season bye week.
      And a poor performance the week before.

Comment

Well. Well. Well. I don't think the Blazers are going to like that.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post
          Well. Well. Well. I don't think the Blazers are going to like that.
          Nope.

I remember last year I was very concerned about L-R coming to play us. They came in at 12-1. We beat them 61-21. What I remember most is that in the second quarter we broke them down. It was the ultimate win.

Comment

I think Valdosta will probably get the one seed back if they win the last two reg. Season games. LR has beaten three top seven rated region two teams but we finish with two teams with losing records so that could be a problem for staying at one.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
              I think Valdosta will probably get the one seed back if they win the last two reg. Season games. LR has beaten three top seven rated region two teams but we finish with two teams with losing records so that could be a problem for staying at one.
              I would think probably so.

I'd like West Georgia to beat Delta this weekend to help our SOS (beating Delta is pretty tough at Delta).

Are a lot of really good teams in SR2 and beyond. Anyone that's going to make a long run to finish the season had better be playing at their highest level from here on out.

Comment

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post

And a poor performance the week before.
                Yeah, maybe, but that still doesn't warrant a drop because of a bye. Maybe I'm not understanding something.

Comment

LR, at this point, has a stronger strength of schedule. Plus, VSU has the out of region game with Ohio Dominican.

Comment

Originally posted by gsutiger2002 View Post

Yeah, maybe, but that still doesn't warrant a drop because of a bye. Maybe I'm not understanding something.
                    could it be that 9 wins beats 8 wins no matter the opponents? No matter though, the additional motivation is priceless.

Comment

This actually does make sense statistically, which seems to be what they're mostly using for these rankings. LR has wins over 3 top 10 regional teams Valdosta has 1. LR also has one more win overall and one more win in the region. Its important to remember these rankings are based on just this year, not last. I suspect with wins Valdosta will jump back to the number 1 spot.

Another conversation though is, if they don't, thats huge. Facing ya'll in Hickory would be great, and that bye is important too. Not saying we would have won last year, ya'll were clearly the better team, but our guys were gassed in that game. Ya'll made some ridiculous plays on your early drives that kept them going, and our guys just gave up. That bye would be huge and is something us in Hickory have thought is vital to having a shot at winning SR2.

Edit: As VSU fans will likely want to keep an eye on this, and may be unfamiliar with LR's schedule, the Virginia Union-Virginia State game this weekend will have a large impact on SOR as LR has a double digit win on the road against Virginia Union.
                      Last edited by BearsLRU; 11-05-2019, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Come on DSU win out, so we might POSSIBLY get a spot.

Comment

Originally posted by gsutiger2002 View Post

OWP is the main metric they seem to be using. LR has an OWP of .554, Valdosta has one of .553. Basically by not playing VSU's changed based on what their opponents they've already played did, LR played a 0-loss team, so ours went up surpassing VSU's. Its not so much VSU being punished for having an off week, it just so happens LR got its best win of the season this week too. LR's last two games are against teams with losing records, VSU's both have winning records so if both win out VSU will move back, probably after next week. The other metric they are using is just flat out win %, which LR has an edge on at 9-0 VS 8-0, so statistically it makes sense.

The only other possible explanation is they used the eye test and decided LR was better. I imagine VSU fans will prefer the above explanation haha.

Comment

Unless things have changed, the margin of victory (or loss) doesn't play into these rankings.

You can see the links to the data down at the very bottom of the rankings page.

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/footba...ional-rankings

It appears this came down to the hundredths of a decimal.

Both have 1.000 for winning percentage but L-R edges out VSU just slightly in SOS (.554 to .553).
                            Last edited by UNALions; 11-05-2019, 11:55 PM.
                            Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
                              Both have 1.000 for winning percentage but L-R edges out VSU just slightly in SOS (.554 to .553).
                              L-R's remaining opponents currently have 4 combined wins on the season with 14 losses.

VSU's remaining opponents have 13 combined wins and 4 losses.

If us and L-R win out don't see any way that doesn't flip the position.

I imagine L-R folks are in a west loving mood (pulling for West Florida and West Georgia in the next two weeks).

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X