Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: We're hosting ND!

Originally posted by Vtown24 View Post
    u crazy vsu did it all year we always doubt vsu and they always double everyones prediction.
    Good point, every week opposing fans come here and see our crazy predictions and think we're gloating or not respecting the opponent. But what are we to do? For example, one of us predicted VSU by 50 over Bowie and it was perceived as a joke. It turned out to be spot on. This past week in the pick'um no one overestimated the spread.

So for you ND fans we're not disrespecting you when you see what you believe to be hyperbole, we just honestly believe we will win big and if you beat us there will be no excuses, because you will have beaten a really, really good team.
    Last edited by boyblue; 12-02-2018, 07:34 AM.

Comment

The Simulator I use predicts VSU by 34. If all goes as the past VSU wins by more than 50 again. FYI it predicts ND 18 Points.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post
        Good point, every week opposing fans come here and see our crazy predictions and think we're gloating or not respecting the opponent. But what are we to do? For example, one of us predicted VSU by 50 over Bowie and it was perceived as a joke. It turned out to be spot on. This past week in the pick'um no one overestimated the spread.

So for you ND fans we're not disrespecting you when you see what you believe to be hyperbole, we just honestly believe we will win big and if you beat us there will be no excuses, because you will have beaten a really, really good team.
        but vsu is not playing with no team i believe they go win them all dont forgot down south boys dont play the radio vsu is not trying to loose i got hope in the team and faith

Comment

Anybody know anything about them? What kind of offense they run?
          Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

Comment

RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
            Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Originally posted by getnastyblazers View Post

Comment

Originally posted by every1ftballfan View Post
                .but they will not be faster
                Ummmmm...I beg to differ.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfBreed View Post
                  Ummmmm...I beg to differ.
                  RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
                  Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Teams have attempted to beat VSU in various ways, i.e.,
                    1) Stop the passing game - VSU responds by running the ball for 300+ yards
                    2) Stack the box - VSU responds by passing the ball over the top
                    3)Team speed route - There are few teams that can match their overall team speed at each of the positions.
                    4) Physical toughness - There are just too many South Georgia country fed defenders on the offense and defensive lines
                    5) INO, this is the most complete team on both sides of the ball that VSU has fielded.

Teams that have the most success has been those that possess all of the above plus very good and disciplined skilled positioned players. The first and second quarter are usually a feeling out period. If you throw a different wrinkle, it usually takes the team a moment to figure out a strategy. Bell has shown me something very different this year. The unique ability to make strong adjustments. One of our strongest attributes this season has been team discipline and depth. Opponents can usually hang in their with their starters the 1st two quarters, by the third quarter they are exhausted; the back-ups are in and the scoring opportunities open up.

Anyone can be beat on any given Saturday, but it will definitely take your "A" Game, as Valdosta will make adjustments and do their homework. Welcome to VSU, and we look forward to a hard fought game. May the best team win.

Comment

Originally posted by getnastyblazers View Post
                      Watched the Slippery Rock game - Defense seems pretty fast sideline to sideline, they don't get much push up front though and they're susceptible to play action as their corners were beat on a few occasions but Roland didn't connect with his receivers. The QB is accurate and get the ball out quick, the running back is solid and can break off some big runs.

I'd grade the Falcons out at a B- so we can't just go through the motions with these guys. If we start looking past them, we could end up in a dog fight and the game could end up closer than you would expect. If we play like we've been playing we should win this one by 3 touchdowns.
                      Last edited by boyblue; 12-03-2018, 11:36 AM.

Comment

It will not be easy. Notre Dame will have to play a perfect game. At this point in the playoffs anything can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by agent1906vsu View Post
                          Teams have attempted to beat VSU in various ways, i.e.,
                          1) Stop the passing game - VSU responds by running the ball for 300+ yards
                          2) Stack the box - VSU responds by passing the ball over the top
                          3)Team speed route - There are few teams that can match their overall team speed at each of the positions.
                          4) Physical toughness - There are just too many South Georgia country fed defenders on the offense and defensive lines
                          5) INO, this is the most complete team on both sides of the ball that VSU has fielded.

Teams that have the most success has been those that possess all of the above plus very good and disciplined skilled positioned players. The first and second quarter are usually a feeling out period. If you throw a different wrinkle, it usually takes the team a moment to figure out a strategy. Bell has shown me something very different this year. The unique ability to make strong adjustments. One of our strongest attributes this season has been team discipline and depth. Opponents can usually hang in their with their starters the 1st two quarters, by the third quarter they are exhausted; the back-ups are in and the scoring opportunities open up.

Anyone can be beat on any given Saturday, but it will definitely take your "A" Game, as Valdosta will make adjustments and do their homework. Welcome to VSU, and we look forward to a hard fought game. May the best team win.

Comment

i'm quite sure the Tallahassee Lincoln QB has never won a game in Valdosta so I hope that continues. As far as the Blazers we are small, but we are slow. Our QB's (especially our 3rd string freshman #9) are very slow and have no cutting ability whatsoever. Our o-line are short and slow stump-jumpers and block like they are bull-fighting. If Notre Dame has any players as large as RUDY, i saw that movie once, we will be in grave trouble. Our only hope is that these Catholics will be kind to us. #8 and #99 on our defense have said that they may not even show up for saturday's game out of fear of injury. they all have school to go to. Oh Woe is us. Do You all have Gold plated Helmets? If so, I may come to the game just to see that.

Comment

Originally posted by deanmachine View Post
                              i'm quite sure the Tallahassee Lincoln QB has never won a game in Valdosta so I hope that continues. As far as the Blazers we are small, but we are slow. Our QB's (especially our 3rd string freshman #9) are very slow and have no cutting ability whatsoever. Our o-line are short and slow stump-jumpers and block like they are bull-fighting. If Notre Dame has any players as large as RUDY, i saw that movie once, we will be in grave trouble. Our only hope is that these Catholics will be kind to us. #8 and #99 on our defense have said that they may not even show up for saturday's game out of fear of injury. they all have school to go to. Oh Woe is us. Do You all have Gold plated Helmets? If so, I may come to the game just to see that.
                              #9 is probably the biggest (6'7" - 395lb) and slowest player I've ever seen play.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfBreed View Post
                                #9 is probably the biggest (6'7" - 395lb) and slowest player I've ever seen play.
                                For sure! :laugh::bulgy-eyes:
                                Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X