Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: We're hosting ND!

Good luck VSU in semi's and on to the ship. Continue to breakdown your opponent and make them play your style. Bring back the respect to SR2. This is one CIAA fan pulling for you. You all have one classy outfit there.

Comment

Congratulations to VSU... I saw that the R2 final had less than 2000. I don't understand why D2, for playoffs, cannot bring in more fans. We had the same problem in our first round. Students were off for Thanksgiving break. I guess VSU game was hurt by GA vs AL.... Hope the semi-finals draw more... Enjoyed the great crowd for the UWG v VSU game....just did not like the outcome... but it is what it is... Go VSU....you should be the favorite for another NC.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBraveWolf View Post
        Congratulations to VSU... I saw that the R2 final had less than 2000. I don't understand why D2, for playoffs, cannot bring in more fans. We had the same problem in our first round. Students were off for Thanksgiving break.
        We have graduation Saturday afternoon. Go figure.

Ticket office said some graduates were buying tickets for their families with the plan to go to the game and then straight to graduation.

ND has a pretty good o-line. They're big. Run it more than they throw it - 63% of the time.

Have one receiver (#7) that has 71 catches. Next closest is 36 catches. Have a 6'7" 240# TE (#8) that reminds me somewhat of Boyd at West Al. He has 28 catches.

As Dean always said, "you either have speed or you're chasing it". We have it. We'll find out about them.

They have quite a few skill players from the south. Their QB is from Tallahassee. RB is from N Carolina. Both freshmen. Several other players from Georgia.

Team is very young. Only 4 seniors showing on their 2 deep chart (44 players) from last week's game.

RB McGlaughlin (#20) is a freshman and a finalist for the Harlon Hill (meaning we'll have seen 3 of the finalists here in Valdosta in 3 weeks (Amir Hall, Jaleen McGlaughlin and of course Rogan Wells)). He's pretty small (5'9 - 173) but can tote it.

I already have my pre-game jitters. It's a long time until Saturday.

I wanna go to Texas!

Go Blazers!!!
        Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 12-03-2018, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post
          We have graduation Saturday afternoon. Go figure.

Ticket office said some graduates were buying tickets for their families with the plan to go to the game and then straight to graduation.

ND has a pretty good o-line. They're big. Run it more than they throw it - 63% of the time.

Have one receiver (#7) that has 71 catches. Next closest is 36 catches. Have a 6'7" 240# TE (#8) that reminds me somewhat of Boyd at West Al. He has 28 catches.

As Dean always said, "you either have speed or you're chasing it". We have it. We'll find out about them.

They have quite a few skill players from the south. Their QB is from Tallahassee. RB is from N Carolina. Both freshmen. Several other players from Georgia.

Team is very young. Only 4 seniors showing on their 2 deep chart (44 players) from last week's game.

RB McGlaughlin (#20) is a freshman and a finalist for the Harlon Hill (meaning we'll have seen 3 of the finalists here in Valdosta in 3 weeks (Amir Hall, Jaleen McGlaughlin and of course Rogan Wells)). He's pretty small (5'9 - 173) but can tote it.

I already have my pre-game jitters. It's a long time until Saturday.

I wanna go to Texas!

Go Blazers!!!
          do they have a fan bus if vsu goes to teaxs

Comment

Ok! We'll see on Saturday.

Looking forward to seeing it unfold.

History tour: This will be our 3rd semi-final that we've hosted.

- 2002 - hosted Texas A&M Kingsville in the semis - won 21-12. We lost to Grand Valley in the championship by a touchdown.

- 2004 - hosted West Chester - won 45-21 and beat an undefeated Pitt State Gorillas in a thriller for the championship the next week.

In 2007 we traveled to Cal-PA for the semi's and won 28-24 in a great ball game. It was cold up there. A lot of white stuff on the ground. Beat NWMSU the next week.

In 2012 we traveled to unbeaten Minn State-Mankato for the semi's and won 35-19. It was cold up there. A lot of white stuff on the ground. Most of the players had never seen snow. The next week we beat Winston Salem 35-7.

What does this year hold? We'll know in a couple of weeks.
            Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 12-03-2018, 09:19 PM.

Comment

BTW, I just heard that they'd moved graduation back to 5:30 (from 4:30) because of the ball game.

That's pretty cool. Kudos to our administration.

Comment

Originally posted by Vtown24 View Post
                do they have a fan bus if vsu goes to teaxs
                Haven't heard a thing. They say you shouldn't plan ahead in case you lose. I say you plan ahead and be ready, then cancel if you lose.

I am a planner. I would have been putting things together last week........just so irritating......

#BlazerNation

Comment

Was team speed an issue when Shepherd (WV) played Delta State in 2010 or North Alabama in 2016? Shepherd lost both games (close) but speed was not the issue. People said the same thing then.

Comment

RE: speed .

I've had a pretty good view of our football team over the years. We've always been fast - most of the time faster than our opponents. But this is by far the fastest Valdosta State team I've ever seen.

Does it matter. Probably won't be a factor. But across the board our guys can run.

Comment

Originally posted by every1ftballfan View Post
                      Notre Dame starting QB is from is from Tallahassee Florida (Lincoln HS).
                      Don't know if family and friends get to Ohio often but good that they'll be able to see him play for the Falcons.

Comment

Originally posted by callen2525 View Post
                        Good luck VSU in semi's and on to the ship. Continue to breakdown your opponent and make them play your style. Bring back the respect to SR2. This is one CIAA fan pulling for you. You all have one classy outfit there.
                        What...? You all just left SR1.

Comment

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/7972884...9c120c6cc4f744

Comment

Will there be TV coverage beyond The Blazer's coverage?

Answering my own question!!

ESPN3 Noon 12/8
                            Last edited by Larold; 12-04-2018, 05:10 AM.

Comment

You don't have to convince us. Notre Dame is coming here because they're a good ball team. And McGlaughlin is obviously a good ball player. He'll get some yards (McGlaughlin has 346 totes (27 carries a game) and averages 6.5 ypc - I hope we can keep him from getting the 172 yards a game that he's averaged this season. If he does, your o-line will have played a heckova game).

We have some guys that can tote the ball too (they don't have 2300 yards because we platoon it between 3 RB's (fresh legs)). Primary guy (#20) averages 10.1 ypc. Has 1112 yards on 110 carries. He's fun to watch. Great vision - deceptive speed. Second guy (# 30) has 7.1 ypc. Both of those guys are freshmen too. Third string QB will get some totes (#9 - also a freshman - he averages 11.1 ypc - not even sure how to describe what he does, but it's fun to watch. too). Our QB even gets into the action from time to time. If want to "scout" us can go watch the Kerwin Bell show (probably a link in one of the threads in here).

Our pass-happy Blazers have turned more to the run game last few games. Have averaged 364 rushing yards over the last 4 games. I think that's a function of our o-line play as well.
                              Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 12-04-2018, 05:09 AM.

Comment

http://www.hudl.com/v/27mEkn
                                here is video of our 3rd string qb, Ivory Durham. he can "house it" too. even on a hail mary play isnt that right UWG? Yall may not want to watch his HS tape as it may bring on some flashbacks.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X