• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If Refs are really being unfair????

<>

Comment

Considering ND averaged 7+ penalties a game this year, 1-5 yards, does seem a bit odd........

Comment

Originally posted by Superwolfe View Post
        I saw some no calls that should have been called against VSU, I have seen a whole lot worse then what we saw today.
        Completely agree. Saw at least 2 more personal fouls that could have been called against VSU and werent. Im sorry but saying the refs helped keep ND close kinda cheapens both teams performances. ND is a very good football team and that pick 6 was the difference in the game.

Comment

What everrrrrrr.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post
            Completely agree. Saw at least 2 more personal fouls that could have been called against VSU and werent. Im sorry but saying the refs helped keep ND close kinda cheapens both teams performances. ND is a very good football team and that pick 6 was the difference in the game.
            Same as the fumble returned for a TD on 1st and goal. Get It? oh my my how we wish and forget what we wish for.....

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post
              +1, +1, +1

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post
                Some high school games in GA had to be rescheduled this season due to a lack of officiating crews.
                Correct. Likely more to move to Thursday, next season.

Comment

Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

Comment

Yea, It wasn't the ref's fault. ND was tougher than we expected and we were probably looking past them, it almost cost us. The refs didn't help but I'm sure it wasn't intentional. I was disappointed with the early whistle and the Chop block but ND was more responsible for our lackluster performance than anything. Let's not take away from their effort.

Comment

No one is saying VSU didn't play sloppy nor that ND didn't play well.

But, several of us sat and watched (with replays), and feel the overall officiating of this game was sub-par and inadequate for D2 playoff games.
                      Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post

But, several of us sat and watched (with replays), and feel the overall officiating of this game was sub-par and inadequate for D2 playoff games.
                        True, I guess I was more in the line that it wasn't a conspiracy

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post
                          True, I guess I was more in the line that it wasn't a conspiracy
                          Zebras weren't very good. Thankfully they missed several blocks in the back against VSU, one of the most flagrant was on the 100 yd pick six. Shew wee

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post
                            Yea, It wasn't the ref's fault. ND was tougher than we expected and we were probably looking past them, it almost cost us. The refs didn't help but I'm sure it wasn't intentional. I was disappointed with the early whistle and the Chop block but ND was more responsible for our lackluster performance than anything. Let's not take away from their effort.
                            Originally posted by UNALions View Post

Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

Comment

Originally posted by Larold View Post
                              Zebras weren't very good. Thankfully they missed several blocks in the back against VSU, one of the most flagrant was on the 100 yd pick six. Shew wee

Yeah, I saw that and thought, "well this is coming back". They were several holding calls on VSU that were NOT called. I"m just thankful they didn't call on many, many plays, mostly on us.
                              <>

Comment

Agreed.

We played a very good football team yesterday - they were highly talented and extremely well coached.

I left the game thinking their RB is a good running back, but not really great. He has the privilege of playing behind a great OL though. I believe the best o-line we played against this year. McLaughlin has gotten the headlines but the line is the reason.

I still feel like the best RB on the field was wearing black yesterday (#20).

Refs blew some calls. Some made a difference. But that doesn't change the fact that we played poorly (for whatever reason - almost like we thought our win was a forgone conclusion before the game started). We played with a lack of discipline. We made unforced errors. We're fortunate.

If we do that this coming weekend it won't be pretty.

All that said, glad the Blazers held on and hope we'll get everything squared away and play to our potential this coming week.
                                Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 12-09-2018, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X