Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UWFMubbish View Post

I heard from some naysayers (not necessarily on this board) that UWF was fortunate in every playoff game, luckiest breaks ever -- weather, crowds, coaching, not enough time, "we beat ourselves," began to click too late, etc. It was funny to me, but the Argos are the last team standing!! I hope the Argos and fans enjoy the heck out of this 'cause the page turns to the 2020 season shortly, and the target will be on their back!
    Sounds alot like our 2017 playoff run. The Argos had a target on their back in 2018 but that team returned almost everyone, and had Beaudry not been injured, maybe they would have given that great VSU team a game. The 2020 Argos will be a vastly different team than the National Champion team, they bring back lots of talent but will be replacing some amazing players. If being lucky got us to 9-1 in playoff games, a National Championship and a National Runner-Up in three years, then the Argos are the luckiest football team in D2 history.

Comment

Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post

Sounds alot like our 2017 playoff run. The Argos had a target on their back in 2018 but that team returned almost everyone, and had Beaudry not been injured, maybe they would have given that great VSU team a game. The 2020 Argos will be a vastly different team than the National Champion team, they bring back lots of talent but will be replacing some amazing players. If being lucky got us to 9-1 in playoff games, a National Championship and a National Runner-Up in three years, then the Argos are the luckiest football team in D2 history.
      That's why I laughed, I'll take that level of luck every season!!

Comment

Originally posted by UWFMubbish View Post

That's why I laughed, I'll take that level of luck every season!!
        It was some luck because every team that even makes it that far has to have a little bit, but anyone that says it was ALL luck is just plain REEDiculous!

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X