Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 National Championship Game Thread

Originally posted by agent1906vsu View Post
    I sat on the VSU alumni board for several years. At that time we had talked about adding a dormitory to the back side of the stadium seating. The campus could certainly use the extra bed space in order to grow. I love the rendering. One of these days it will happen.
    Yeah, I think that wasgoing to be Brookwood Hall and built in the green space they currently use for the student tailgate area north of the UC. It was big Hall that had private skyboxes. Wish that happened. Maybe one day.

Comment

Or the Spanish Mission style roof that the main campus uses.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
        What is the purpose of the structure to the left of the stadium? (Southwest corner)

VSU locker room?

Yes, that is the visitors locker room.
        <>

Comment

Originally posted by VSU*BLAZER View Post
          Or the Spanish Mission style roof that the main campus uses.

Question; If the Admin gutted the both press boxes, which are horrible. Laid new cable and communication wires for ESPN, etc. Upgraded a few parking areas.. And did a makeover for the press boxes, like Brandon suggested, I don't see why Valdosta couldn't host the N.C. game!?

1.) We have an abundance of hotels beds.

2.) Access from 3 airports. Jacksonville (1.50min); Tallahassee (1.35) and Atlanta (3.0 hours.) 3 direct flights fromr ATL.

3.) Weather at kick off this year, was 64 degrees, with no snow in the forecast. :)

4.) Valdosta, like Florence, great people and Valdosta is a football town.

5.) We have the new Jumbo-Tron.

6.) Rainwater convention center could host all per-game events.

7.) We serve boiled penults at concession stands. I mean, hey!?

Is this just wishful thinking or could the city put in a legitimate bid?? Thoughts?

Last edited by Wide_Right; 12-29-2018, 08:23 AM.
          <>

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
            Is this just wishful thinking or could the city put in a legitimate bid?? Thoughts?
            8. Blazer Lady gives chocolate chip cookies to visitors.................

Comment

Question; If the Admin gutted the both press boxes, which are horrible. Laid new cable and communication wires for ESPN, etc. Upgraded a few parking areas.. And did a makeover for the press boxes, like Brandon suggested, I don't see why Valdosta couldn't host the N.C. game!?

2.) Access from 3 airports. Jacksonville (1.50min); Tallahassee (1.35) and Atlanta (3.0 hours.) 3 direct flights fromr ATL.

3.) Weather at kick off this year, was 64 degrees, with no snow in the forecast. :)

Originally posted by laker View Post
              8. Blazer Lady gives chocolate chip cookies to visitors.................
              I'll be in a nursing home before all that happens......lol.....

#BlazerNation

Comment

boil peanuts really just boring put some city in valdosta lets be a lil fancy sell sea food shrimp platters and crab legs people would love that

Comment

Originally posted by Vtown24 View Post
                  boil peanuts really just boring put some city in valdosta lets be a lil fancy sell sea food shrimp platters and crab legs people would love that
                  ???? :bulgy-eyes:

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
                    ???? :bulgy-eyes:
                    ,yes

Comment

This thread keeps on giving.
                      RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
                      Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Originally posted by crashandannie View Post
                        Maybe make those building roofs red instead of green, too...
                        Or black

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post
                          Maybe some die hard Blazer fan will win the lottery. :smile-big:

As for expanding the visitor's side out to the park, I mentioned that years ago when a group of us were talking. But no matter. I am sure others have thought about it and would love to have control of the stadium. It has been talked about for years.

Comment

9. Wild adventures

Comment

Originally posted by Vtown24 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by UWARTime View Post
                                everyone.
                                Fixed it for you.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X