Originally posted by Vtown24 View Post
      its not even 7,148 people that goes to vsu
      vstate has over 11,000 ppl

Comment

• Re: 2018 National Championship Game Thread

its more than that
        I knew you would say that.

Those are the full-time undergraduate enrollment numbers provided to the government by VSU. If you use ALL undergrads, VSU has 8,778 and NDSU has 11,984.

Having said that, this isn't high school and enrollment is much less of a factor than funding. You could double the VSU budget and still not be close.

Comment

understand sir

Comment

it will all work out one day

Comment

it will all work out one day
              Yes. No one can even predict the future of how this will all work out. Will the top 60 teams break off and form their own organization? Will football exist?

Comment

its not even 7,148 people that goes to vsu
                Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                Yes. No one can even predict the future of how this will all work out. Will the top 60 teams break off and form their own organization? Will football exist?
                right

Comment

I've never heard our fans, administration or athletic leadership express any great intention or desire to move up. Heck, Titletown, USA can't even consistently get a good crowd to come to the stadium to watch a really good football team play against the stout competition of the GSC. It's great football, and our fans and supporters are apathetic.

Competitively we were 5-4 last year. Our team was a train wreck. We were inept. Poor attitudes and poor coaching. Early last season, after watching a couple of games, I had projected a 3 win year. We got the train back on the track and finished strong to avoid the first losing season since 1999.

This year we excel and some think we should to be playing Alabama in the FBS playoff.

D-1 is driven by money. We've (society) sold our competitive soul for the almighty dollar. There's a purity in D2 in that it's still driven by the competition. We haven't sold out. Kids are playing because they love the game and they love to compete. I love the game of football and so I love the purity of D2.

If I'm not mistaken there are 160+ teams playing football in D2. We're the last team standing after a very long season. Let's just keep playing at a high level where we are.
                  Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 12-24-2018, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post
                    I've never heard our fans, administration or athletic leadership express any great intention or desire to move up. Heck, Titletown, USA can't even consistently get a good crowd to come to the stadium to watch a really good football team play against the stout competition of the GSC. It's great football, and our fans and supporters are apathetic.

Competitively we were 5-4 last year. Our team was a train wreck. We were inept. Poor attitudes and poor coaching. Early last season, after watching a couple of games, I had projected a 3 win year. We got the train back on the track and finished strong to avoid the first losing season since 1999.

This year we excel and some think we should to be playing Alabama in the FBS playoff.

D-1 is driven by money. We've (society) sold our competitive soul for the almighty dollar. There's a purity in D2 in that it's still driven by the competition. We haven't sold out for the almighty dollar. Kids are playing because they love the game and they love to compete. I love the game of football and so I love the purity of D2.

If I'm not mistaken there are 160+ teams playing football in D2. We're the last team standing after a very long season. Let's just keep playing at a high level where we are.
                    i guess

Comment

i guess
                      stop looking at the past thats not go do u know good because vsu was 5-4 now they are 14-0 and next year they probably will get the natty again .

Comment

stop looking at the past thats not go do u know good because vsu was 5-4 now they are 14-0 and next year they probably will get the natty again .
                        There is no doubt that the side benefits of winning a National Championship is going to help fund raising and increase enrollment. Winning another one next year would probably have a greater effect. A lot of things can fall into place to make a move possible - only time will tell.

As for me, I am enjoying my favorite Christmas gift this year!! Woohoo!!

#BlazerNation

Comment

[QUOTE=BlazerLady;2333330]There is no doubt that the side benefits of winning a National Championship is going to help fund raising and increase enrollment. Winning another one next year would probably have a greater effect. A lot of things can fall into place to make a move possible - only time will tell.

As for me, I am enjoying my favorite Christmas gift this year!! Woohoo!![/QUO im just glad we came home with the NC happy for that

Comment

Comment

right

Comment

The returning players now know what it takes to go 14-0. It will be their turn to lead - to show the new players and to make them a part of the family. They themselves must work on getting better as well. The season starts Jan 2.

I am still shaking my head over the season we had and all the games we won. Thank goodness that all of the Kerwin Bell shows are online in case we want revisit the season!!:victory:

#BlazerNation

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X