X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 National Championship Game Thread

Originally posted by WolfBreed View Post
    Completely disagree.

VSU is perfect for D2. No reason to move up.
    I agree 1000%.

Other than ego what are the compelling reasons for us to move up?

Comment

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post
      I agree 1000%.

Other than ego what are the compelling reasons for us to move up?
      because yall dont want to be challenge yall want vsu to be in d2 for forever they need there own stadium and everything . vsu needs a track team and football stadium most of every d2 school has that except you would think vsu is a d1 school by how it looks but we lacking bad the basic stuff we should of been had years ago if vsu got a basketball arena they can have a fb stadium they have the money ...

Comment

Originally posted by Vtown24 View Post
        because yall dont want to be challenge yall want vsu to be in d2 for forever they need there own stadium and everything . vsu needs a track team and football stadium most of every d2 school has that except you would think vsu is a d1 school by how it looks but we lacking bad the basic stuff we should of been had years ago if vsu got a basketball arena they can have a fb stadium they have the money ...

Comment

Just finished watching the game again....pausing....rewind.......the officiating was worse than I first thought........that no call interference was just the tip of the iceberg. Holy cow!

#BlazerNation

Comment

Several stories from the weekend and some first hand accounts....

VSU is in absolutely no position to go D1. Your guys need some funding help now.

There is no doubt VSU would kick the crap out of a lot of FCS schools. But that goes for a lot of other D2 schools as well.

Comment

I'd be more curious as to how long Vtown has been speaking English

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                Several stories from the weekend and some first hand accounts....

VSU is in absolutely no position to go D1. Your guys need some funding help now.

There is no doubt VSU would kick the crap out of a lot of FCS schools. But that goes for a lot of other D2 schools as well.
                +1 to this!

Most folks who say we need to go D1 have little idea of the requirements and real cost to do so and maintain it. One estimate I heard was VSU would have to more than triple the athletic budget for a successful transfer with adding sports and title IX parity rules.

It is impressive that VSU and UWG are as competitive as they are athletically given the Georgia legislative constraints on funding for athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by crashandannie View Post
                  +1 to this!

Most folks who say we need to go D1 have little idea of the requirements and real cost to do so and maintain it. One estimate I heard was VSU would have to more than triple the athletic budget for a successful transfer with adding sports and title IX parity rules.

It is impressive that VSU and UWG are as competitive as they are athletically given the Georgia legislative constraints on funding for athletics.
                  you dont have to fully move your whole school to a d1 level you can move your football program to a d1 level plus if the basketball team can compete with d1 teams like fsu or uga the football team can also play with d1 teams for the money like they do albany state its alot lot of d2 teams play non conference d1 teams in the beginning of the season that what vsu needs to do to see where we at ...

Comment

you dont have to fully move your whole school to a d1 level you can move your football program to a d1 level plus if the basketball team can compete with d1 teams like fsu or uga the football team can also play with d1 teams for the money like they do albany state its alot lot of d2 teams play non conference d1 teams in the beginning of the season that what vsu needs to do to see where we at ...
                    I'm not trying to sound like an a**, but you have to understand the D2 landscape & funding to understand why some schools are almost forced to take on those pay games (that do nothing for the team in regards to their own play or playoffs) and why it's not logical or feasible for the VSUs and UWGs of the D2 world to move up.

Comment

+1 to this!

Originally posted by WolfBreed View Post
                      I'm not trying to sound like an a**, but you have to understand the D2 landscape & funding to understand why some schools are almost forced to take on those pay games (that do nothing for the team in regards to their own play or playoffs) and why it's not logical or feasible for the VSUs and UWGs of the D2 world to move up.
                      ok i understand

Comment

+1 to this!

Have heard it said that D2 schools in other states, who do receiving funding from their state, would not make it in Georgia. It is a testament to UWG's and VSU's fund raising capabilities that have produced the successful programs we do have.

While this is different for everyone, I personally like Division II. Once you get to know the teams, the schools, the conferences, you will see that division II is great. Of course,too, I have a dream.........that one day all those in the Valdosta area with Georgia flags flying on their front porches will be replaced with Valdosta State flags.......:victory:.

#BlazerNation

Comment

You are absolutely wrong on this, if you football goes D1 FCS the other sports also will to go D1.

More comments from me before long.

Comment

+1 to this!

Originally posted by North Ala Screwdriver View Post
                            You are absolutely wrong on this, if you football goes D1 FCS the other sports also will to go D1.

More comments from me before long.
                            no because u wrong notre damn college d2 basketball team is d1

Comment

Notre Dame College
                              D2
                              This is the team that Valdosta State played in football.
                              Here is their D2 basketball schedule.
                              https://notredamefalcons.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbballhttps://und.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball

How about Educating yourself.

Comment

Uhhhhh...they're not? They're in the MEC.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X