Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 National Championship Game Thread

Originally posted by boyblue View Post
    Wow,are we really trying to solve a problem that does not exist. For almost 30 years the city of Valdosta & VSU have worked hand & glove without major issue, and at the current cost per game to VSU, it will take another 30 years to get to $1,000,000 in expenditure. Do we really want to upset this program.

My only hope is that when they do the next seating/stadium upgrade, the colors reflect both programs or be neutral. Death Valley would still be ominous if it were all black.

Comment

great post

Comment

Originally posted by crashandannie View Post
        Would LOVE to be on the committee for a re-design!
        No sure if this is true, but I have heard over the years that if we could include some classrooms either under the stands or on the sides, then some of the funding for the renovation could come from the state.

Then if we could add some private boxes for our corporate sponsors that would be great. Maybe that would eliminate the need to sell the seats in the middle section to corporate sponsors who never sit in those seats. That is why the middle section looks so sparse on TV. People don't realize how that comes across on TV or in photos.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post
          No sure if this is true, but I have heard over the years that if we could include some classrooms either under the stands or on the sides, then some of the funding for the renovation could come from the state.

Then if we could add some private boxes for our corporate sponsors that would be great. Maybe that would eliminate the need to sell the seats in the middle section to corporate sponsors who never sit in those seats. That is why the middle section looks so sparse on TV. People don't realize how that comes across on TV or in photos.
          I don't understand why more stadiums don't do this. That way you could justify the plumbing, etc and get year round use out of it. I remember when the Gophers played in old Memorial Stadium. I asked where those locked doors led to and was told that they had used them for classrooms. There has to be creative ways to get more use out of a stadium than just a few Saturdays in the fall.

Comment

I slopped this together. Amazing what a new press box and a paint job would do.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

:victory:

You could run private boxes all the way across the back ....... on both sides.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Since the state of Georgia assisted in building Savannah State's (enrollment 3,800) 14,000 seat stadium, they should be more than willing to help VSU.

Comment

That looks so cool!

Overheard that one possibility might be to expand all the way to the park on the visitors side. This would mean closing the road, but would allow wider sidelines and a bigger press box for video, radio, and ESPN when they come to town.

Comment

Maybe make those building roofs red instead of green, too...

Comment

Originally posted by crashandannie View Post
                      That looks so cool!

Overheard that one possibility might be to expand all the way to the park on the visitors side. This would mean closing the road, but would allow wider sidelines and a bigger press box for video, radio, and ESPN when they come to town.
                      That was mine and then putting classrooms underneath the stands or maybe food courts and a mini bookstore.

#BlazerNation

Comment

That was mine and then putting classrooms underneath the stands or maybe food courts and a mini bookstore.

Comment

Maybe some die hard Blazer fan will win the lottery. :smile-big:

As for expanding the visitor's side out to the park, I mentioned that years ago when a group of us were talking. But no matter. I am sure others have thought about it and would love to have control of the stadium. It has been talked about for years.
                          Last edited by BlazerLady; 12-28-2018, 08:10 PM.

#BlazerNation

Comment

What is the purpose of the structure to the left of the stadium? (Southwest corner)

VSU locker room?

Comment

What is the purpose of the structure to the left of the stadium? (Southwest corner)

VSU locker room?
                              Correct, sir!

VSU and officials locker room. Visitors dress out in the north end of the building in the foreground of your rendering (east side of stadium). The other side is a Valdosta High football museum, or used to be. Visitor rest rooms are east of the stands and behind the west end of the stands (where the band sits).

Comment

I sat on the VSU alumni board for several years. At that time we had talked about adding a dormitory to the back side of the stadium seating. The campus could certainly use the extra bed space in order to grow. I love the rendering. One of these days it will happen.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X