• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Florida
    replied
    Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post
    UWF football: Argos add former Purdue, FSU linebacker Cornel Jones
    It's really exciting to see the talent that the Argos are bringing in! I can't wait to see them out on the football field together! That's another HUGE signing! People on the Florida State board were excited about this guy joining them, that says a lot.

Leave a comment:

• Uwfalum98
    replied
    UWF football: Argos add former Purdue, FSU linebacker Cornel Jones

The University of West Florida football team is picking up a linebacker with a bevy of experience playing in the Big 10.

Leave a comment:

• Uwfalum98
    replied
    No Argo Football Until 2021

Game on � later. For the second time in as many months, the Gulf South Conference has delayed its 2020 fall sports schedule to 2021. Last month the GSC

Leave a comment:

• canadarican
    replied
    Originally posted by Argonut View Post
    GSC gone silo and that cancels heavyweight opener with Texas A & M Commerce.
    That'll end up changing too. I'm almost entirely convinced there will not be college football this season.

Leave a comment:

• Argonut
    replied
    GSC gone silo and that cancels heavyweight opener with Texas A & M Commerce.

Leave a comment:

• UWFMubbish
    replied
    Originally posted by GOX1 View Post
    My son just said the coaches just told them that they are playing Conference games. Their first game won't be until late Sept/early Oct.
    Just heard a snippet on the 5 PM news (WEAR). President Saunders (UWF) didn't reveal much. but she shared that the season will begin after Labor Day, later than originally planned/scheduled. How much later is left to be seen. Supposedly the GSC AD's meet tomorrow to discuss fall competition and scheduling.

Leave a comment:

• GOX1
    replied
    My son just said the coaches just told them that they are playing Conference games. Their first game won't be until late Sept/early Oct.

Leave a comment:

• canadarican
    replied
    Originally posted by UNALions View Post

Looking forward to this one. UWF has a challenging schedule to start the season!
    That's one thing I have enjoyed about UWF is that they schedule good week 1 openers (would be Commerce this year, and C-N past two years). Some of the other GSC teams do as well and I like that. None of this playing Western Piedmont Community College horse crap.

Leave a comment:

• West Florida
    replied
    This team would have been so fun to watch. I'm holding out hope the GSC bucks the trend and will somehow play and declare their own National Champion. Our coaches have done an absolutely amazing job!

Leave a comment:

• UNALions
    replied
    The Argos are certainty reloading to make another run, it appears.
    Mark down another Division I talent set to join the ranks with the University of West Florida football team.

Leave a comment:

• West Florida
    replied
    No way this season happens because this is all too good to be true for it to actually happen.

We just got Shea Campbell from West Virginia. He's a former starter there. Our linebackers would literally be Campbell (former starter at WVU) and Kee Whetzel (former starter at Oregon State). Not to mention a North Texas transfer and a Georgia Southern transfer both at LB as well.

https://www.dominionpost.com/2020/07...-west-florida/

Leave a comment:

• Packfootball
    replied
    Don't worry WF. The Lions(0-2) scheduled the game because they could not beat CSU Pueblo(2-0) in the home and home series. So you have nothing to worry about! Should be a good game until the 3rd qtr when the Argos pull away. Bust the Lions egos again!

Leave a comment:

• LionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by UNALions View Post

You're correct on the score, my bad. I've blocked a few safeties against UNA from mind permanently. haha
    You're lucky....I've had to block out entire decades from mine hahaha

Leave a comment:

• UNALions
    replied
    Originally posted by LionFan View Post
    Man that was an incredible game. Oddly enough, a punt is pretty much what won it for us....downed on the 2, safety a couple plays later, ballgame. I think it was 8-7....weird score. That was the only game I haven't seen in person home or away in 10 years. Had to watch it on TV because of hurricanes Irma and Harvey. I work in insurance, couldn't leave Dallas.
    You're correct on the score, my bad. I've blocked a few safeties against UNA from mind permanently. haha

Leave a comment:

• LionFan
    replied
    Man that was an incredible game. Oddly enough, a punt is pretty much what won it for us....downed on the 2, safety a couple plays later, ballgame. I think it was 8-7....weird score. That was the only game I haven't seen in person home or away in 10 years. Had to watch it on TV because of hurricanes Irma and Harvey. I work in insurance, couldn't leave Dallas.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X