Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 College Football America Division II Preseason Top 30

Originally posted by vsukerosene View Post
    DL think will be ok, but can we be great? Biggest unknown - kicking game.
    I talked with some folks who went to spring scrimmage, and noted as you said, our kicking game (esp.field goals.) is quite lacking.
    This could be the difference of a Championship or just runner-up.
    <>

Comment

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post
      Games are won in the trenches. Looks like you have both sides of the ball in place on that front.

You're missing some key pieces from last year in Satterwhite, Q Boyd, the RB's and the kicker., but looks like you've recruited hard (particularly defensive guys from JC's).

I expect coach Gilliland will have a very good football team on the field that plays hard and is very disciplined (as he usually does).
      Last edited by UWARTime; 07-21-2019, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UWARTime View Post
        UWA will surprise some people this year ....
        !

That's always a given. Tiger Tough.
        <>

Comment

From this perspective I hate to hear that Boyd's back. Quite a weapon. Sure thought he was a senior last year. (maybe it was just wishful thinking).
          Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 07-21-2019, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Is Spivey back as well?? He's a bruising FB. How tall is Boyd??. 6'3, 6'4" Too damn tall.
            <>

Comment

Every year before the season starts I watch all our championships plus several other games to get my mind into football.

Watched last year's Championship this past Saturday (gonna try to fit in 2012 and 2007 this weekend and will also fit in the 2004 win as well as the 2012 Mankato cut up compilation and the '07 Cal PA game somewhere along the way).

Ferris had no quit and a lot of tenacity. They definitely stayed locked in (I like the coaching style of the Ferris HC). Still, we made an awful lot of mental errors that allowed them to stay in the game (coaches and players).

I also think Campbell is a heckova athlete but I don't think the right guy got the Harlon Hill (yes, I'm a full fledged homer but head to head in the NC Campbell accounted for 221 yards and 2 TD's with an interception. Wells accounted for 418 yards and 6 TDs (5 passing and one receiving). 349 passing yards. No INT's. Don't know who was the better through the season but Wells by far was the most effective player in the championship).
              I'd love to watch 2004 and 2007 NC games again but can't seem to find them on You Tube anywhere. Any help on links?

Comment

Originally posted by Blazetastic View Post
                I'd love to watch 2004 and 2007 NC games again but can't seem to find them on You Tube anywhere. Any help on links?
                No links. I have a VHS for '04 and a NCAA DVD for '07 (they used to sell those). I need to get the VHS transferred to DVD. Just haven't done it yet.

Also have a NCAA DVD for the '07 Cal-PA game and cut ups of the '12 game against Mankato (from friends in the football office). Mankato was a really fun game. Loved their fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
                  Is Spivey back as well?? He's a bruising FB. How tall is Boyd??. 6'3, 6'4" Too damn tall.

Comment

No, you're right ,,, Spivey has always been WR. And he's 6'2' You have a pretty decent receiving core.
                    Also at FB, is sophomore Demtrius Battle, at 6'0" and 250. Good for goal line or short yardage.
                    If fact , this might be the best Tiger team in awhile.
                    <>

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
                      Also at FB, is sophomore Demtrius Battle, at 6'0" and 250. Good for goal line or short yardage.
                      Does he tote the ball or is his job simply to re-locate folks?

Comment

Does he tote the ball or is his job simply to re-locate folks?
                        To the next zip code. :)
                        <>

Comment

I miss seeing DSU in these polls...
                          RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
                          Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post
                            I miss seeing DSU in these polls...

Comment

You may be right. When GV got em on the schedule, I think most of us thought it would help SOS. Not so sure anymore. Surely didn't last season.:disapointed:

Comment

Yeah, hard to watch at times.

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                                You may be right. When GV got em on the schedule, I think most of us thought it would help SOS. Not so sure anymore. Surely didn't last season.:disapointed:
                                They played GV tough last season, though, I'm not too optimistic this season. The offense was so predictable and the defense gave up too many big plays last year.
                                RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
                                Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X