25. Bowie State
    26. Indiana (PA)
    27. Fairmont State
    28. Florida Tech
    29. Kutztown
    30. Virginia Union

https://www.ferrisstatebulldogs.com/...op_30_2019.pdf
    Man, I just hate it when we're number 1. :smile-big:

Seriously though......it's a long road to Texas!

#BlazerNation

Comment

Re: 2019 College Football America Division II Preseason Top 30

Notre Dame Ohio, have virtually most of their players coming back, they will be a force.
      <>

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
        Notre Dame Ohio, have virtually most of their players coming back, they will be a force.
        That was true of some of the teams we played in the playoffs. If memory serves me correctly Lenoir-Rhyne was fairly young. Big thing will be performance of replacements of key losses and avoiding the injury bug to key players.

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post
          Man, I just hate it when we're number 1. :smile-big:

Seriously though......it's a long road to Texas!
          We need a hacker to get in and drop us down to 20 or so.
          We lost our KING, several great defense starters and kicker, etc. We need humpty dumpty to put it back together again.

Comment

Originally posted by vsukerosene View Post
            That was true of some of the teams we played in the playoffs. If memory serves me correctly Lenoir-Rhyne was fairly young. Big thing will be performance of replacements of key losses and avoiding the injury bug to key players.
            As mentioned before, the only team I see capable of beating the Blazers this season is the Blazers.
            If they fail to repeat I'm thinking the next NC will still be from The GSC.

Comment

Originally posted by Larold View Post
              As mentioned before, the only team I see capable of beating the Blazers this season is the Blazers.
              I kinda like being under the radar. :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by Larold View Post
                Well Ferris State was pretty close last year...

Comment

We need a hacker to get in and drop us down to 20 or so.
                  We lost our KING, several great defense starters and kicker, etc. We need humpty dumpty to put it back together again.
                  It's absolutely amazing how VSU always seems to go against expectations...either positive or negative.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                    Well Ferris State was pretty close last year...
                    Every year before the season starts I watch all our championships plus several other games to get my mind into football.

Watched last year's Championship this past Saturday (gonna try to fit in 2012 and 2007 this weekend and will also fit in the 2004 win as well as the 2012 Mankato cut up compilation and the '07 Cal PA game somewhere along the way).

Ferris had no quit and a lot of tenacity. They definitely stayed locked in (I like the coaching style of the Ferris HC). Still, we made an awful lot of mental errors that allowed them to stay in the game (coaches and players).

I also think Campbell is a heckova athlete but I don't think the right guy got the Harlon Hill (yes, I'm a full fledged homer but head to head in the NC Campbell accounted for 221 yards and 2 TD's with an interception. Wells accounted for 418 yards and 6 TDs (5 passing and one receiving). 349 passing yards. No INT's. Don't know who was the better through the season but Wells by far was the most effective player in the championship).
                    Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 07-18-2019, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                      It's absolutely amazing how VSU always seems to go against expectations...either positive or negative.
                      It was mostly humor intended. However, Jeremy King was a spirited leader and will be missed. Losing Denmark(got drafted) & Palmer on D is tough. Kicking game was good, but not great and replacements are total unknown to me. Lost another on OL, but not total loss of O line after 2012 was. If we don't have unknown losses at DBs we have some with playing time, but how good will they be. DL think will be ok, but can we be great? Biggest unknown - kicking game.

Comment

It was mostly humor intended. However, Jeremy King was a spirited leader and will be missed. Losing Denmark(got drafted) & Palmer on D is tough. Kicking game was good, but not great and replacements are total unknown to me. Lost another on OL, but not total loss of O line after 2012 was. If we don't have unknown losses at DBs we have some with playing time, but how good will they be. DL think will be ok, but can we be great? Biggest unknown - kicking game.
                        You guys have lost All American safety R. Rivers ..... grades

Comment

Next man up...

Comment

UWA Tigers will surprise some people.

Comment

Originally posted by LU71 View Post
                              UWA Tigers will surprise some people.
                              Games are won in the trenches. Looks like you have both sides of the ball in place on that front.

You're missing some key pieces from last year in Satterwhite, Q Boyd, the RB's and the kicker., but looks like you've recruited hard (particularly defensive guys from JC's).

I expect coach Gilliland will have a very good football team on the field that plays hard and is very disciplined (as he usually does).

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X