Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Georgia @ West Florida

West Georgia travels to Pensacola to face West Florida on homecoming week. Game time is 4pm CST at Blue Wahoos Stadium.

West Georgia game notes

Argos Welcome UWG To Blue Wahoos Stadum for Top-15 Matchup

Last edited by Uwfalum98; 10-15-2021, 10:33 AM.

Comment

I certainly hope the Argos can change that streak, leave it to the GSC to schedule West Georgia as the West Florida Homecoming game...

Comment

Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post

I certainly hope the Argos can change that streak, leave it to the GSC to schedule West Georgia as the West Florida Homecoming game...
        Are you joking? Do you really think that the conference selects which of your home games is your homecoming game?

Comment

gonna be a great game and 1st time in Wahoo Stadium for me in awhile. Going to be fun tailgating again.

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post

Are you joking? Do you really think that the conference selects which of your home games is your homecoming game?
            Lol, yes, but we have had UWG as our homecoming opponent for 2 of the 3 years that we have played them in Pensacola.

--Just looked at the future GSC schedules and it looks like West Georgia will be our homecoming game again in 2023. I'm sure they have some algorithm that controls who plays who and it cycles during certain time frames.

https://gscsports.org/sports/2017/9/...x?path=general
            Last edited by Uwfalum98; 10-14-2021, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Lol, yes, but we have had UWG as our homecoming opponent for 2 of the 3 years that we have played them in Pensacola.

--Just looked at the future GSC schedules and it looks like West Georgia will be our homecoming game again in 2023. I'm sure they have some algorithm that controls who plays who and it cycles during certain time frames.

https://gscsports.org/sports/2017/9/...x?path=general
              Ummm......if I am not mistaken, the GSC makes out the schedule and the school selects its homecoming date from the schedule.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post

Ummm......if I am not mistaken, the GSC makes out the schedule and the school selects its homecoming date from the schedule.
                Probably, I was just looking at home games in October as that in normally the time of West Florida's homecoming festivities. I'm sure a lot more goes into the homecoming planning than the football opponent.

Comment

Probably, I was just looking at home games in October as that in normally the time of West Florida's homecoming festivities. I'm sure a lot more goes into the homecoming planning than the football opponent.
                  Ours is the first Saturday in November this year. Usually it's October. I hope it is a little cooler by then.

#BlazerNation

Comment

There's no probably to it. The schools chose which game will be their homecoming game.

Comment

It's not like it used to be, schools don't necessarily pick the week they play a cupcake for Homecoming

Comment

https://twitter.com/UWFFootball/stat...20501215072263

Comment

UWF has the 3rd best third-down conversion rate in the country. UWG is at #7.

Defense is going to be key.

Comment

Looks like the wind will be blowing out of the North at 10-20 knots today at game time in Pensacola.

update-- now they are saying 14-26 and sunny and 75
                            Last edited by Uwfalum98; 10-16-2021, 10:56 AM. Reason: update

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post

There's no probably to it. The schools chose which game will be their homecoming game.
                              Worked at UWF for a number of years, and homecoming is always date-driven, and the opponent isn't really a consideration. Its always fallen in October, generally mid-October. Before football, it was always a soccer doubleheader that fell around mid-October. Didn't really select the date around an opponent. This line of thinking could change as a football homecoming tradition continues to develop.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X