Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hats off to our D2 Argo fanatics

There was the initial barrage of enthusiasm commensurate with early success, and some occasional antagonistic drop-ins posting fanatic drival. However, I'm compelled to point out that their regular contributors here are knowledgeable, insightful, and passionate about D2 football. Basically they're our kind of people.

I know how difficult that first loss of the season is, almost as hard as coming up short in the playoffs, so as a word of encouragement, I would like to take this moment to salute our Argo fanatics, more commonly referred to as D2 fans.
    Last edited by boyblue; 10-17-2021, 04:00 AM.

Indeed, boyblue. It is all part of being in one of the oldest conference in D2.
    Today is a new day and the sun will rise tomorrow.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Comment

This speaks to my follow-up thought. It seems like good teams tend to play better on the road, or at least they're more focused. That's why I actually prefer us to go on the road during the playoffs.

I haven't looked at the numbers but I kinda feel like we have had more success on the road.

Comment

Comment

Great observation, I'd bet they won both of those on the road:)

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

Great observation, I'd bet they won both of those on the road:)
              Correct, and unless they can run the table (highly unlikely) they will be on the road again if they make the playoffs this year. The Argos have been to 2 national championship games and have yet to play a home playoff game.

Comment

Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post

Correct, and unless they can run the table (highly unlikely) they will be on the road again if they make the playoffs this year. The Argos have been to 2 national championship games and have yet to play a home playoff game.
                I'll tell you, that's not a bad thing. But there's a good chance you guys host one this year because I can't see you falling below 4th in conference. And that's not to say winning the conference is out of reach, there's a lot of football left.

And to the whole point of this thread, I believe that everyone that shares this forum, should enjoy their time here. But sometimes a narrative builds and we all run with it, not considering the fact that it is unwelcoming

I'm trying to make room for youthful exuberance and hopefully get us old fogies to lay off. New blood is good no matter its form. So the next time we get a hundred posters a week on here raising cane, let's try to be more welcoming. Maybe more of them will stick around to teach a thing or two.

Comment

Id forfeit both of my kids college funds to get Shinnick to come to C-N if the job opened lol. I kid....but seriously. The man was winning at Pembroke for God's sake. That might be more impressive than what he's done at UWF. If you can recruit kids to come to Pembroke you're a master

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

Id forfeit both of my kids college funds to get Shinnick to come to C-N if the job opened lol. I kid....but seriously. The man was winning at Pembroke for God's sake. That might be more impressive than what he's done at UWF. If you can recruit kids to come to Pembroke you're a master

Comment

No matter how happy one is in their current situation, things evolve. Family needs change. New found ambition sometimes rears it's head. Administrations, boosters, supporters aren't always constant. There are numerous examples of the above in the GSC.
                      Bottom line ? ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE, WHILE YOU HAVE IT, and appreciate every second.

Comment

Originally posted by Larold View Post

No matter how happy one is in their current situation, things evolve. Family needs change. New found ambition sometimes rears it's head. Administrations, boosters, supporters aren't always constant. There are numerous examples of the above in the GSC.
                        Bottom line ? ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE, WHILE YOU HAVE IT, and appreciate every second.

Comment

If you look at the history of the GSC this isn't really a Shinnick trait, it has been ubiquitous across the conference. Not a rule but very prevalent, it is hard to beat a good team twice.
                          Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

Comment

Hopefully, his list to "become a great D2 coach" is the same as yours. Sometimes gratification is in the eye of the beholder.

Comment

Funny thing is if you get what you're hoping for your coach will eventually get an offer he just could not refuse, if not after this season definitely next; but the groundwork has been set so it's the next coach that will establish whether you build a legacy or become a flash in the pan.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X