Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on Blazers, burn them Wolves.

Comment

Big first down for VSU on a Durham scramble. UWG down to one time out. 1:52 to play.

Comment

UWG burns their last time out. 1:20 to play.

Second and eight for VSU.

Comment

Time out VSU with 0:31 to play.

Third and five for VSU.

Comment

Victory formation.

VSU wins.

Comment

Respect due Wolves! You put it to us in the second half but we did just enough to get a W

Comment

Great game! Kudos to both teams on playing a tough physical rivalry game. That is what a rivalry is supposed to look like. Congrats to VSU on the Peach Basket, but where are the peaches? I didn't see any.

Comment

Great game! The peach basket is safe for another year! We may see them again before December.

Like I said earlier penalties would be a big factor. Penalties and special teams almost lost it. Can't leave points on the field and you can't give a good team yards. Those 2 PFs helped turn the tide of the game ( one should have been a no call :/ ). 7 penalties for 81 yards.

UWG is good but even after tonight I still believe Valdosta is better (more than 2 points better). If I was coach I would not let the team celebrate for too long in the locker room.

I say this as I sit comfortably on my sofa lol... overall great stats by the Blazers. 488 yards on offense. Defense played well as a unit limiting UWG to 339. Ivory's comp-att percentage was higher than UWG's QB.

GO Blazers!

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post
                    The VSU DL is starting to get pressure.
                    I think the DL was caught off guard by UWG's halftime adjustment to their run game. DL was great 1st half. After those first two 2nd half drives by UWG VSU defense adjusted but it was the penalties that keep UWG on the field.

I don't see a need to panic. It was a rivalry game and some individuals made mental mistakes. I bet UWF will not score 34 points on the black swarm :)

Comment

I didn't understand UWG running the ball so much in the second half, because if the plan went perfectly (as it did) you'd still run out of time. They didn't need 8 min drives, they needed another possession. The score looks nice but it's still an L. I guess Dean was racking up performance points to bump up the seeding.

In any event Congratulations are in order to the Wolves, because with a win next week at Delta you are definitely in the playoffs.

Comment

Congrats to the Wolves on an exciting game. Both teams had their penalties and miscues, yet both teams showed what they were made of - tough and determined.
                        I think this one will go down as a classic .

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post
                          I didn't understand UWG running the ball so much in the second half, because if the plan went perfectly (as it did) you'd still run out of time. They didn't need 8 min drives, they needed another possession. The score looks nice but it's still an L. I guess Dean was racking up performance points to bump up the seeding.
                          1. We ran the ball 12 times versus 6 passes in the 3rd (and scored 14 pts) , 6 rushes vs 11 passes in the 4th, .
                          2. We outscored you 21-9 the second half. The change in game plan clearly worked.
                          3. It was 27-33 going into the 4th. A TD wins the game if we don't give up the FG.
                          4. The last thing you want to do is give VSU another chance to score.

Football much?

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

In any event Congratulations are in order to the Wolves, because with a win next week at Delta you are definitely in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Braves'86 View Post

1. We ran the ball 12 times versus 6 passes in the 3rd (and scored 14 pts) , 6 rushes vs 11 passes in the 4th, .
                              2. We outscored you 21-9 the second half. The change in game plan clearly worked.
                              3. It was 27-33 going into the 4th. A TD wins the game if we don't give up the FG.
                              4. The last thing you want to do is give VSU another chance to score.

Football much?
                              C'mon man, you acting like you're happy with the result. We affected your passing game a bit, but for the most part , it was either pass interference or a dropped pass that did you in. I mean if Coach dean figured that it would not get better I understand. I suspect that Dean didn't like those jump balls your QB threw, so it may have been the right decision to shut that down, but you were down big and needed more possessions. Yes it would have taken one more stop but it was a chance you take if you want to win. We may have scored but it's just as likely that you would have stopped us or we would have stopped ourselves.

If you'd done in the 3rd quarter what you did in the 4th you would have had the time you needed. One thing is for sure you needed clock. You can call me ignorant all you want, but that almost 9 min drive was a gift, thanks. I'm not the only one that feels that way, the announcers said as much.

Comment

Agree with all 3 of you. Braves'86 and Superwolfe are right. UWG running game in the 2nd half was successful it got them back in the game and put them in a position to win.

But like Boyblue is saying when you are down by 3 possessions and you know the other time can score in under 2mins, why are you using up clock with back to back run plays.

UWG should have came out with a better mix of the run/pass, and went up tempo. If they had time for one more possession the Wolves may have won. I am glad they didn't

Go Blazers!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X