Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have to shout out to the West Ga band for a great joint performance with the Blazin' Brigade of 'Thriller" at half time.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by Superwolfe View Post

Great job by a young WG team to go down there and not get blown out. .
      <>

Comment

Some interesting stats:

HJ was 19 of 23 passing for 212 yards. That's an 83% passing efficiency.

VSU defense held West Ga to 339 yards of offense, which has averaged over 400 yards per game.

Nick Moss lead the defense with 13 tackles.

VSU had more than twice the yards rushing than UWG.

UWG had 28 yards more in passing than VSU.

Both teams had 7 penalties.

In 8 games, the VSU offensive line has only allowed 1 sack.

Personal observation #1: You let Jamar Thompkins get passed you into the open field with the end zone in sight.......you ain't catching him.

Personal observation #2: Reverse pass by the Wolves.........typical coach Dean. You know he's gonna give you some off balance play at least once a game. Don't get caught!!
        Last edited by BlazerLady; 10-31-2021, 11:14 AM.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 10-31-2021, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Definitely, a few things to work on, but I love the attitude of the players and the way they are all in when any of our coaches are talking to them on the sidelines. They listen. They are respectful. That's what I look for in a player.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

C'mon man, you acting like you're happy with the result. We affected your passing game a bit, but for the most part , it was either pass interference or a dropped pass that did you in. I mean if Coach dean figured that it would not get better I understand. I suspect that Dean didn't like those jump balls your QB threw, so it may have been the right decision to shut that down, but you were down big and needed more possessions. Yes it would have taken one more stop but it was a chance you take if you want to win. We may have scored but it's just as likely that you would have stopped us or we would have stopped ourselves.

If you'd done in the 3rd quarter what you did in the 4th you would have had the time you needed. One thing is for sure you needed clock. You can call me ignorant all you want, but that almost 9 min drive was a gift, thanks. I'm not the only one that feels that way, the announcers said as much.

Comment

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post
                What a great game. Tremendous effort and great coaching by both teams. And as is most often true, the outcome of the game typically boils down to just a few plays.

\They had one fluke punt return and an easy fumble recovery which led to TD, just saying..
                <>

Comment

C'mon man, you acting like you're happy with the result.
                  No, just dicing up your comment like a Waffle House scattered, smothered and covered.

I suspect that Dean didn't like those jump balls your QB threw, so it may have been the right decision to shut that down,
                  Our QB leads the conference in completion percentage by a comfortable margin (and 63% last night) so those jump balls are coming down in our hands pretty often. Machine Slade is a beast (misspelling intentional)

If you'd done in the 3rd quarter what you did in the 4th you would have had the time you needed. .
                  In the 3rd quarter we had a 5-min 75 yard TD mostly running. In the 4th we had an 8-minute 94 yard TD drive mostly passing. If we had scored again in 5 minutes VSU would have to kill 6 minutes instead of 3 minutes. The evidence does not support your statement.

With the young O-line we have I didn't think we'd win 5 games this year. It's all gravy to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
                    \They had one fluke punt return and an easy fumble recovery which led to TD, just saying..
                    Points are points. We once beat Arkansas Tech 21-6 without scoring a single point on offense.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
                        You could say that holding VSU under 40 and scoring 34 on them in their back yard was all a fluke also. Just sayin.

Comment

• <>

Comment

• Why would you want to play them twice?

Comment

• The team travels by bus

Also, great game Valdosta. That was a fun one, hoping we get a chance at the playoffs to see how far of a run we can make

Comment

• Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post

Why would you want to play them twice?
                                I'll give you one or two
                                • I think our guys would want the opportunity to show that we're better than we showed yesterday
                                • Putting them out of the PO will be revenge for 2014 &2015 when they put us out and then squandering two shots at a NC
                                • We're clearly the better team. Yards gained is a more accurate indicator of superiority than final score
                                • Man for man we're a better team, sure they could beat us but their chance would be the same 30% they had yesterday
                                • Because we have a better coach. He has the team ready to play, Dean's teams sometimes slept through 1st halves
                                • Any chance you get to beat your rival you take it
                                Last edited by boyblue; 10-31-2021, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X