Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post

What was this Albany State? I thought we only lost the opener?
    Correction: Games 1 and 4 we lost, then won the rest including a NC
    Game 1 was Saginaw Valley
    Game 4 was West Alabama

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post

What was this Albany State? I thought we only lost the opener?
      2004 was the year VSU lost the opener to ASU then won out including a playoff rematch in which they trailed big time at the half.

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post

Correction: Games 1 and 4 we lost, then won the rest including a NC
        Game 1 was Saginaw Valley
        Game 4 was West Alabama
        That was the year we had the same record and won head to head but were sent to Valdosta, if I recall. Lost a late game to Abilene Christian and got hosed.

Comment

Originally posted by UWAalum View Post

That was the year we had the same record and won head to head but were sent to Valdosta, if I recall. Lost a late game to Abilene Christian and got hosed.

Comment

UWA's record was 9-4. The nine wins included a win over then D-III Missippi College and College of Faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post

UWA's record was 9-4. The nine wins included a win over then D-III Missippi College and College of Faith.
              One of the losses was to D1 Samford and the other was to Valdosta in the playoffs. Only two d2 losses at playoff time Abilene and Midwestern.

Last edited by UWAalum; 11-03-2021, 08:16 PM.

Comment

2004 was the year VSU lost the opener to ASU then won out including a playoff rematch in which they trailed big time at the half.
                The energy at that game was incredible. Especially the 2nd half energy from the VSU sideline and crowd. No one set down that half. I was in the blazin' brigade at the time and that by far was one of the best games I ever attended.

Comment

You went to the game !! You are a fan.
                  As I remember, they played without their 1st string offensive line for hazing incident..
                  Kle posted that fact several times. Lol.
                  Last edited by Wide_Right; 11-04-2021, 10:23 AM.
                  <>

Comment

Strictly follows a formula is a bunch of horse puckey (another technical football term). They sell it that way but "nerp", not for seeding!

I remember that there was a lot of head scratching when UWA was a 4. A perfect GSC record, beat the big 3 but had to travel the 2nd round. That would never happen again.
                    The schedule was gutted when the arky schools bolted, every one was scrambling to get games and Miss College was being heavily courted by the GSC, one could argue that it was schedule. If UWA had beaten Abilene in OT rather than losing, they would have been the 1 or 2, but everyone knows you have to have GSC teams knock each other out before the regional final.

Comment

One of the losses was to D1 Samford and the other was to Valdosta in the playoffs. Only two d2 losses at playoff time Abilene and Midwestern.
                      I'm aware, but the Miss College and especially the College of Faith game killed your playoff seeding.

Comment

I'm aware, but the Miss College and especially the College of Faith game killed your playoff seeding.
                        Perhaps but the West in front of Alabama had quite a bit to do with it, if it was a North it would have been a 2 or 3. No way a GSC champion would have been a 4 if it was the big 3. At the time most rational observers agreed

Comment

Perhaps but the West in front of Alabama had quite a bit to do with it, if it was a North it would have been a 2 or 3. No way a GSC champion would have been a 4 if it was the big 3. At the time most rational observers agreed
                          You might feel a little better if you look at things from this perspective, with two losses as a GSC member you get in for sure. But with three losses it's a crap shoot for everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

You might feel a little better if you look at things from this perspective, with two losses as a GSC member you get in for sure. But with three losses it's a crap shoot for everybody.
                            UWA has been left out with 2 losses before and will be again if they beat UWF Saturday and UWF beats Valdosta.

Comment

UWA has been left out with 2 losses before and will be again if they beat UWF Saturday and UWF beats Valdosta.
                              In your history UWA has finished only 2 seasons with 2 losses 1975 & 2017 and both times they made the playoffs. However in 2006 the national 14th ranked Blazers were left out of the playoffs with 2 losses. Although I think that was due to earned access. (year was corrected)

2009 & 2012 you made the PO with 4 losses

Tell you what, you do your part & I promise we'll get y'all in by leaving no doubt the following week.
                              Last edited by boyblue; 11-04-2021, 10:12 PM.

Comment

th to 8th

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X