Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coach Bell's offense - coming soon to a power 5 conference near you?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach Bell's offense - coming soon to a power 5 conference near you?

Man, what happened to the content of my post? Anyhew, I was just noting that what we saw from Coach Bell & the Blazers offense last year was extraordinary. I'm not sure we gave the scheme the credit it deserved, I mean guys were open all day. Once Rogan got a feel on the timing routs it was like we could not be stopped.

Give Coach Bell an accurate quarterback and I expect he could replicate those results at any level. There may a defensive scheme that can neutralize that offense if not Coach Bell is headed for the big time.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post
      Man, what happened to the content of my post? Anyhew, I was just noting that what we saw from Coach Bell & the Blazers offense last year was extraordinary. I'm not sure we gave the scheme the credit it deserved, I mean guys were open all day. Once Rogan got a feel on the timing routs it was like we could not be stopped.

Give Coach Bell an accurate quarterback and I expect he could replicate those results at any level. There may a defensive scheme that can neutralize that offense if not Coach Bell is headed for the big time.
      No doubt what you say may be true, but just for the sake of discussion, what about the players? The players have to buy into what they are doing. They have to execute. They have to give that extra effort to make things happen and not just stand around all lucy goosy. Part of the championship formula falls on the players' shoulders.

So if he takes his offensive scheme to another school and the players don't execute, then what?

#BlazerNation

Comment

What happens then? Lucy Goosy rears her ugly head...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Larold View Post
          What happens then? Lucy Goosy rears her ugly head...lol
          LOL

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post

No doubt what you say may be true, but just for the sake of discussion, what about the players? The players have to buy into what they are doing. They have to execute. They have to give that extra effort to make things happen and not just stand around all lucy goosy. Part of the championship formula falls on the players' shoulders.

So if he takes his offensive scheme to another school and the players don't execute, then what?
            The players get the lion's share of course

Comment

I actually watched the game tonight. I was hoping for a better turn out. Didnt expect a goose egg.

Comment

Originally posted by VSU*BLAZER View Post
                I actually watched the game tonight. I was hoping for a better turn out. Didnt expect a goose egg.
                I watched it too. Obviously you can't learn Bell's system in one year but there were a lot of dropped balls. OL needs to get better.
                And, I don't know, but it sure seemed like the Wisconsin players were all beefed up and USF seemed a little undersized compared to the other team.

#BlazerNation

Comment

My mom used to use a word that describes the USF offense last night: discombobulated

Wasn't pretty. And quite honestly, I think Bell had significantly better athletes last year at VSU than he does at this point at USF. Especially receivers and RB's.

One thing Bell's crew are good at is recruiting the speed and athleticism that is in the Miami/south Florida area. May take him a year or two to get it there. But if he has another outing or two like last night his stay might be very short lived.

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post

I watched it too. Obviously you can't learn Bell's system in one year but there were a lot of dropped balls. OL needs to get better.
                    And, I don't know, but it sure seemed like the Wisconsin players were all beefed up and USF seemed a little undersized compared to the other team.
                    Wisconsin has always been a ground & pound team with a huge OL. That's why they always have a guy with over 1,500 rushing yards.

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post
                    One thing Bell's crew are good at is recruiting the speed and athleticism that is in the Miami/south Florida area. May take him a year or two to get it there. But if he has another outing or two like last night his stay might be very short lived.
                    It's USF. The roster is 95% Florida kids already. Bell is only going to last as long as Charlie Strong does. This is his 3rd year so he's got one more at best to get it going.
                    Last edited by Braves'86; 09-01-2019, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Stephen Denmark makes the Bears practice squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Braves'86 View Post
                        Stephen Denmark makes the Bears practice squad.
                        Yep and Jody Fortson signed with KC practice squad.

You never know when you'll get called up!

#BlazerNation

Comment

Bell's offense has been struggling other than the win over FCS SC State. They did score three touchdowns yesterday but I assume this entire staff is on the hot seat. IMO, it will take a big turnaround to save their jobs.

Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
                            Bell's offense has been struggling other than the win over FCS SC State. They did score three touchdowns yesterday but I assume this entire staff is on the hot seat. IMO, it will take a big turnaround to save their jobs.

Calls for Strong to be fired have been flying on social media since the season began. Yesterday was the first commentary I've seen against Bell. Evidently the players are having a hard time learning his system.

#BlazerNation

Comment

"Calls for Strong to be fired have been flying on social media since the season began. Yesterday was the first commentary I've seen against Bell. Evidently the players are having a hard time learning his system."

Unfortunately, doesn't look like there will be enough time to learn his system at South Florida. Wouldn't surprise me at all that this time next year a Pack of Wolves may be learning his system though (or attempting to)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X