Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have noticed when HBCU schools get a win over a non-HBCU some fans here find reasons why their team lose that has nothing to do with the field of play.

I am sorry for the team's loss and hope they find a way to honor him. Albany State loss a player before the SIAC championship and honored him with a win. They scored 57 points, his jersey number.

Bowie State has proven they are currently one of the best programs in d2football and have stats to back that.

Here an Albany State win has been downplayed because of one team's "first game jitters" They also were charged with inflatting ticket prices. Now Bowie State is being called distasteful because someone may not have noticed where the flag was located

FYI I am a Soldier in the US Army. Having a flag and playing the anthem at sporting events is not in any rules or flag protocol. It is something we all have just adopted as part of pregame. If Bowie does not have a flag pole it may be a reason. Did they have a ROTC unit presenting the colors on the field during the anthem? If so, there was no need to fly the flag elsewhere inside the stadium.

I am here to talk football and trash talk a little but there is a line where trash talking because something more and ugly.

If that line is cross I will speak up because it is the right thing to do, no matter how unpopular it may make me.
    Last edited by BlazerCat1999; 11-21-2021, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Newberry was putting serious pressure on Reed. I would say at less two of those int's were caused by Newberry's DL.

I am going off the info from here that Newberry is Jekyll and Hyde type team. If they are I don't see the same team showing up in Maryland that was in Florida. Due to all the traveling and intensity of the UWF game. Both things are draining to a team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post
            GAMEDAY! Beautiful day in Pensacola, Florida for D2 Playoff Football!

<>

Comment

• I was thinking about it during the entire broadcast. It's hard to watch. And, yes, Blue Wahoos Stadium is beautiful. But, beyond that, it's likely time for UWF to start building a real football stadium to play in. I've been downtown to watch games live in past years and the venue and scenery are top-notch. What's not top-notch is the Press Box being in the corner of an endzone, having to place cameras on scaffolding, terrible sightlines in over half the stadium, and now, the netting.

Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

• Originally posted by UNALions View Post

I was thinking about it during the entire broadcast. It's hard to watch. And, yes, Blue Wahoos Stadium is beautiful. But, beyond that, it's likely time for UWF to start building a real football stadium to play in. I've been downtown to watch games live in past years and the venue and scenery are top-notch. What's not top-notch is the Press Box being in the corner of an endzone, having to place cameras on scaffolding, terrible sightlines in over half the stadium, and now, the netting.
                They may not have a choice if they put artificial turf in the outfield but keep grass on in the infield.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNALions View Post

I was thinking about it during the entire broadcast. It's hard to watch. And, yes, Blue Wahoos Stadium is beautiful. But, beyond that, it's likely time for UWF to start building a real football stadium to play in. I've been downtown to watch games live in past years and the venue and scenery are top-notch. What's not top-notch is the Press Box being in the corner of an endzone, having to place cameras on scaffolding, terrible sightlines in over half the stadium, and now, the netting.
                  It was the first game that I have ever streamed from that stadium, and it really doesn't come off that great on TV.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post

Let's give the UWF announcers a little break. They're young and will learn. If we were truthful, I would guess most all announcers are homers to some extent. It's the older ones, the most experienced ones that know how to be a homer with humor, and that takes time and experience
                      I watched and listened to a lot of D2 games this year (my Hurricanes took the year off, so) I had some time. All D2 announcers call for the home team and in all but one game this year, (can't remember the team) there were multiple instances of the refs blew the call.

BTW if any of you guys have input on the Blazer broadcast, maybe you can encourage our guys to lay off the refs.

Comment

• I understand that it's a coping mechanism, we all do it. Last week after UWF beat us I didn't consider that they outplayed us, I was looking at the fact that our team (the one in my imagination) did not show up. My conclusion like yours was that we beat ourselves. Truth is we're both wrong.

About the flag, are you saying that the colors were not presented, or are you suggesting that all arenas should fly the flag during sporting activities? Either way It's coming off as Bowie is some how "Less Than" and it's a bit discomforting.

Comment

• Originally posted by boyblue View Post

I understand that it's a coping mechanism, we all do it. Last week after UWF beat us I didn't consider that they outplayed us, I was looking at the fact that our team (the one in my imagination) did not show up. My conclusion like yours was that we beat ourselves. Truth is we're both wrong.

About the flag, are you saying that the colors were not presented, or are you suggesting that all arenas should fly the flag during sporting activities? Either way It's coming off as Bowie is some how "Less Than" and it's a bit discomforting.

Comment

• Comment

• Lift every voice and sing can be upsetting :)

Kidding of course, it's a beautiful hymn, gives me chills every time I hear it.

Comment

• Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X