Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 1 Discussion Thread

So, Keiser...... They beat Warner on Saturday 44- 7.

They had 27 first downs to Warner's 5, 176 yards rushing to Warner's -2, and 362 yards passing to Warner's 123.
    Keiser only averaged 29 yards per punt. Time of posession for Keiser was a little over 34 min.

Obviously, VSU's OL needs to control their DL. Ball control. Looking forward to seeing some of our new guys playing on defense!!

A side note to the North Greenville fans. Play nice with Furman now. Got some cousins who are Furnan alum. :)

#BlazerNation

I don't think the Blazers are gonna lose by any means and should win comfortably in the end. But Keiser is no joke.

Comment

I was looking in the pick 'em thread and was sad to see the huge wins predicted over CN. It's a shame to see that program having hard times.

Comment

Last edited by Argonut; 08-29-2022, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Coach Jackson said at the Vstate Lunch today that our DL is larger than last year.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post
            Coach Jackson said at the Vstate Lunch today that our DL is larger than last year.

This is the kind of change I was expecting after I heard coach Jackson was hired. I expect the Blazer D will be much improved this year.

Comment

West Florida starting 4 WR appear to be seniors Durden and Rembert, freshman sensation from last year Jared Smith and Texas Tech transfer Leggett.

Comment

Coach pointed out today that this senior class maybe the last of its kind, espeically due to the way this transfer portal is changing the landscape of college football.
                Our seniors have had 3 coaches in 5 years, yet they stayed true to Valdosta St. They could have transferred but they didn't. They believed in the school and wanted to stay the final year at that school.
                It is a sad note to think this might be the last class that trully committed itself to VSU. Will we have 4 & 5 year seniors in the future? I surely hope so. There is something to be said for finishing what you started, for the priviledge of being a Blazer alum, and for becoming the leaders that these young players look up to on and off the field. The reward may not always be rings or trophies, but just being a part of Blazer alums all over the country.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post
                  So, Keiser...... They beat Warner on Saturday 44- 7.

They had 27 first downs to Warner's 5, 176 yards rushing to Warner's -2, and 362 yards passing to Warner's 123.
                  Keiser only averaged 29 yards per punt. Time of posession for Keiser was a little over 34 min.

Obviously, VSU's OL needs to control their DL. Ball control. Looking forward to seeing some of our new guys playing on defense!!

A side note to the North Greenville fans. Play nice with Furman now. Got some cousins who are Furnan alum. :)

I was surprised to see Keiser may be much better than I would have thought. They had about 9 wins last year. Guessing they could surprise some D2 teams. Just got to smack them in the mouth and play Blazer ball.

Comment

Originally posted by vsukerosene View Post

I was surprised to see Keiser may be much better than I would have thought. They had about 9 wins last year. Guessing they could surprise some D2 teams. Just got to smack them in the mouth and play Blazer ball.
                    For real. I was thinking today that they could be a better SOS game than what I first thought. #7 in the nation last year.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Side bar; Is Flosports free to watch?
                      <>

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post
                        I was looking in the pick 'em thread and was sad to see the huge wins predicted over CN. It's a shame to see that program having hard times.
                        We all miss Ken Sparks.
                        <>

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
                          Side bar; Is Flosports free to watch?
                          No. $20 monthly or $150 per year, and it's unreliable.

Comment

F that!
                            <>

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post

No. $20 monthly or $150 per year, and it's unreliable.
                              I did hear our AD say the other day that the reliability is based on the schools. They are just providing the product using the school's equipment, etc.... He did say that FLO had or is working with all the schools that had issues last year to improve connections and camera issues.
                              So, there's that.

I just can't help to think of all the viewers we are missing because of a $20 fee when all these years before FLO, it was free. How can we promote a product this way? I know basketball gets hits from all over the country and beyond.
                              Last edited by BlazerLady; 08-30-2022, 12:26 PM.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X