Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conference Carolina's Chowan University has just got booted from their CIAA Scheduling Alliance when it was announced that Bluefield State (WV) has been added as a new CIAA member.
    Chowan finished 7-4 this year as the single non HBCU member of the CIAA. While they are a bit of a reach from the GSC central footprint, they will be in need of games this coming season. Could be an opportunity for those struggling to fill a complete D2 schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post
      UNC-P, Newberry, etc.......at least someone different to spice up the schedule. But Newberry......man, you guys need to air condition your rest rooms.....lol......
      Over the years I’ve been in every locker room in the GSC (excluding UWF and UNG but including those that became part of the GAC as well as quite a few more schools around the country). Have seen some really nice along with some extremely poor locker rooms. None came close to being as bad as what Newberry made us use (basically an old dilapidated gym with no AC or fans - no benches and only a couple of showers and toilets downstairs if I recall correctly). Last time I was there it was very hot and our players refused to go in there at halftime).

If that’s indicative of their program I’m honestly not sure I’d want them in the GSC.

Comment

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post

Over the years I’ve been in every locker room in the GSC (excluding UWF and UNG but including those that became part of the GAC as well as quite a few more schools around the country). Have seen some really nice along with some extremely poor locker rooms. None came close to being as bad as what Newberry made us use (basically an old dilapidated gym with no AC or fans - no benches and only a couple of showers and toilets downstairs if I recall correctly). Last time I was there it was very hot and our players refused to go in there at halftime).

If that’s indicative of their program I’m honestly not sure I’d want them in the GSC.
        Newberry ain't going anywhere....but yeah their facilities stink. The field itself is fine but the bleachers are reminiscent of something you see at your local fairgrounds lol.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

Newberry ain't going anywhere....but yeah their facilities stink. The field itself is fine but the bleachers are reminiscent of something you see at your local fairgrounds lol.
          I was thinking a middle school or a parks and recreation league.

Was told they actually do have a visiting locker room-figured maybe the surplus gym might be a little gamesmanship by their coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post

I was thinking a middle school or a parks and recreation league.
            Okay that's hilarious hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

My friend over at UNC-P told me that they traveled to some of the MEC conference games, making the trips to Notre Dame College in Northern Ohio, (a short distance from Lake Erie) which was a drive of around 9 and a half hours (over 600 miles), and also attended the Wheeling vs UNCP game which was a drive of almost 8 - 1/2 hours, around 540 miles. He said that those away games only come around every other year. So yes, they are used to traveling for half of their scheduled games.
              It's about a 12 hour drive from UNC-P to Delta State and about 10 hours to West Florida. So maybe the travel time is a little better for UNC-P in the MEC compared to the GSC.
              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

It's about a 12 hour drive from UNC-P to Delta State and about 10 hours to West Florida. So maybe the travel time is a little better for UNC-P in the MEC compared to the GSC.
                I agree, the drive from Delta State to UNC-P is a haul, however, the drive distance from UNC-P to NGU is a little less than 4 hours, to West Georgia is a little over 6 hours. to Valdosta State 6.hours and 20 minutes, to Shorter, a little less than 7 hours, and to West Alabama, around 8 hours and 45 minutes.

Keep in mind that when Florida Tech was a part of the GSC, the drive distance to Delta State was almost 13 and a half hours, over 10 hours to West Alabama, and 11 and a half hours to Mississippi College.

Just throwing this out there, and I'm not really sure that UNCP would even be interested in making a change. I just remember my ole Braves buddy saying that over the years, a lot of their players have come from Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina.
                Last edited by Eagle74; 12-09-2022, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

And you’re only making that drive every other year for football.

Comment

Originally posted by Shugley View Post

And you’re only making that drive every other year for football.
                    UNLESS the GENIUS GSC staff makes it the 11th game on the schedule

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X