Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pete Shinnick Out

Per UWF Athletics Twitter, Shinnick has resigned. Headed to Towson.

Originally posted by canadarican View Post
    Per UWF Athletics Twitter, Shinnick has resigned. Headed to Towson.
    Baltimore, where his dad played for the Colts.

Comment

Towson
      https://towsontigers.com/news/2022/1...ead-coach.aspx

Well, that was quick. Must have been in the works.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Towson (FCS - MD): Towson is turning to one of the top Division II programs for their new head coach.

Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

If he doesn’t follow to Towson, I’d think the Argos Asst HC could be elevated to the top job.

https://goargos.com/staff-directory/steve-saulnier/56
          Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Wow! Wasn't expecting that. Good for him and his family.

UWF is going to be a great spot for some coach.
            RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
            Delta State University, GSC

Comment

I would think this would be a dream job for many coaches. I hate to lose Coach. I hope we keep the same culture that he helped create. Arete.
              * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
              * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
              * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
              * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post
                Towson
                https://towsontigers.com/news/2022/1...ead-coach.aspx

Well, that was quick. Must have been in the works.
                NO DOUBT. A lot of us have been talking since the game, and we all felt like that the way the team played, word was out among them that Shinnick was leaving.
                No doubt it was in the works for some time. Can't blame him. He was developed a program with UWF that his replacement will thrive with. He will do the same at Townson.

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
                  If he doesn’t follow to Towson, I’d think the Argos Asst HC could be elevated to the top job.

https://goargos.com/staff-directory/steve-saulnier/56
                  There should an extensive search. There will be names we haven't heard in a while. They owe it to the program to look everywhere. If they come back to current staff, so be it.
                  Last edited by Larold; 12-12-2022, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Larold View Post

NO DOUBT. A lot of us have been talking since the game, and we all felt like that the way the team played, word was out among them that Shinnick was leaving.
                    No doubt it was in the works for some time. Can't blame him. He was developed a program with UWF that his replacement will thrive with. He will do the same at Townson.
                    Very similar to our situation last year. Wonder how many assistant coaches will leave? We lost all our coaches but 1.
                    Last edited by BlazerLady; 12-12-2022, 08:59 AM.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post

Very similar to our salutation last year. Wonder how many assistant coaches will leave? We lost all our coaches but 1.
                      Hopefully UWF search committee learns from others.

Comment

There should an extensive search. There will be names we haven't heard in a while. They owe it to the program to look everywhere. If they come back to current staff, so be it.
                        Would believe that they could poach a HC from a successful D2 program…we shall see.

Comment

I'm amused by Football Scoop's headline of "fast-rising" coach for him. This will be his fourth head coaching job, and he's been a head coach for 32 years.

Comment

This is exactly what happened to VSU last year playing Ferris in the championship. Gary Goff accepted a job with McNesse St. ( 4-7 this year). and I’ve been told the players found out about it,
                            and got decimated by Bulldogs, 58-17. Our players played with little emotiion.
                            Good Luck Argo’s in finding a coach.

<>

Comment

I'm sure there's a lot of very successful and high caliber D2 head coaches across the country telling their wives that the UWF coaching job just came open, with their wives asking where is WFU located, with their husbands responding, it's in the Pensacola / Pensacola Beach area, and it's around 75 degrees there today, with their stunned wives saying, what the hell are you waiting for? Get down there ASAP and get in line for that job!!!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X