Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This needs to be said about West Florida

I say this with love and a UWF hat on while I type this.

Can we get rid of the script Argos decal on the helmet and go back to the UWF logo? I appreciate changing it up and having different combos but how a school with awesome school colors and awesome logos goes to a script that says Argos that nobody can read is beyond me.

Also, are we at the point where we need to decide how many shades of blue is too many? It's cool we are navy and another color of blue but do we need to be 15 other shades of blue? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE West Florida's colors and proudly wear them often. It just seems we are at the point we need to pick only 2 shades of blue to go along with our green and stick with those 3 colors (with white as well of course).

Use actual school logos for the helmet and decide on 2 different colors of blue and stick with those PLEASE. I'm old enough to remember when this use to be an elite D2 football program and now we can't score a touchdown against West Alabama and we cant decide if we want to look like Penn State, North Carolina, Duke, Rhode Island or Tulane.

The look in the 2019 season with our all whites never needed to be changed. Nobody looked better than that in D2 football. At home, sure, wear the 2 different colors of blue and sometimes green. Love it. Fun times. Now though we lost our identity. What the hell happened? What in the name of Tate Lehtio happened to us?!?

I'm at the point that I fully expect us in our next home game to come out in navy blue helmets with Chinese symbols that mean Arete as the decal, royal blue jerseys with cyan numbers, turquoise pants with powder blue stripes and indigo colored shoes and ask everyone if we are pretty yet?

if you need another logo for the helmet maybe try the school logo that says West Florida. It's never been done and seems like an obvious choice for an alternative decal. You could do blue helmets and have that in white. It would look very sharp.

Delta State, please take it easy on us. We see our reflection in the pond and we don't even know who we are anymore.
    * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
    * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
    * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Change is never easy, like when we changed our Flame logo on the helmets to the "V". These days we don't think much about it. You are just beginning your program. Changes will happen. Find people that are in charge and voice your opinion.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by West Florida View Post
      I say this with love and a UWF hat on while I type this.

Can we get rid of the script Argos decal on the helmet and go back to the UWF logo? I appreciate changing it up and having different combos but how a school with awesome school colors and awesome logos goes to a script that says Argos that nobody can read is beyond me.

Also, are we at the point where we need to decide how many shades of blue is too many? It's cool we are navy and another color of blue but do we need to be 15 other shades of blue? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE West Florida's colors and proudly wear them often. It just seems we are at the point we need to pick only 2 shades of blue to go along with our green and stick with those 3 colors (with white as well of course).

Use actual school logos for the helmet and decide on 2 different colors of blue and stick with those PLEASE. I'm old enough to remember when this use to be an elite D2 football program and now we can't score a touchdown against West Alabama and we cant decide if we want to look like Penn State, North Carolina, Duke, Rhode Island or Tulane.

The look in the 2019 season with our all whites never needed to be changed. Nobody looked better than that in D2 football. At home, sure, wear the 2 different colors of blue and sometimes green. Love it. Fun times. Now though we lost our identity. What the hell happened? What in the name of Tate Lehtio happened to us?!?

I'm at the point that I fully expect us in our next home game to come out in navy blue helmets with Chinese symbols that mean Arete as the decal, royal blue jerseys with cyan numbers, turquoise pants with powder blue stripes and indigo colored shoes and ask everyone if we are pretty yet?

if you need another logo for the helmet maybe try the school logo that says West Florida. It's never been done and seems like an obvious choice for an alternative decal. You could do blue helmets and have that in white. It would look very sharp.

Delta State, please take it easy on us. We see our reflection in the pond and we don't even know who we are anymore.
      But other than THAT, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?

Comment

I'm old enough to remember when this use to be an elite D2 football program and now we can't score a touchdown against West Alabama and we cant decide if we want to look like Penn State, North Carolina, Duke, Rhode Island or Tulane.
        Old enough to remember???? Dude, your program is 8 years old haha. Take away 2020, and this is West Florida's 7th season. UWF is still an elite D2 program. They have a brand new head coach. UWF's program will be just fine. So fine, they will probably be the next GSC school to make the jump to FCS.

Players like that jersey combo stuff. Fans may not like it, but players love it.
        RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
        Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Originally posted by Larold View Post

But other than THAT, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?
          That's funny.
          * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post

Old enough to remember???? Dude, your program is 8 years old haha.
            I am very aware of that. It's the reason I said it. It was said with irony. I thought that would be obvious. We were good just last year "dude."
            * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

I am very aware of that. It's the reason I said it. It was said with irony. I thought that would be obvious. We were good just last year "dude."
              O goodness, you're one of those. Okay, neverminded. I will keep my positive thoughts to myself from here on out when interacting with you. Sorry I called you "dude." I hope I didn't offend you too much.
              RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
              Delta State University, GSC

Comment

As a new school starting a program in the era of Oregon anything goes unis, I’m not surprised the Argos have tried a lot of looks. If the players like it and it’s helps recruiting I’m all for it. Like anyone I have my favorites and please try agains.

Helmets- Bring back the original blue helmets! They were the best part of the original unis and changing the decals on the white helmets helps, but is no substitute for the original blues with the white masks and edges. Love to see that scheme in green too.

Jerseys- Love the original whites, the green and the lighter blues. Don’t care for the Navy blue or the Dallas Cowboy looking whites.

Pants- Same as jerseys, I love the original whites, green and lighter blues and don’t care for navy blue or plain whites.

Comment

Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post

O goodness, you're one of those. Okay, neverminded. I will keep my positive thoughts to myself from here on out when interacting with you. Sorry I called you "dude." I hope I didn't offend you too much.
                  Oh godness, my heavens! I'm confused on your drama. I'm not in anyway offended by you saying "dude" or by you calling me "dude." I say dude sometimes, I call people dude sometimes.

I was just calling you that cause you let me know something that was obvious so I called you what you called me. There isn't 1% of that that could be taken as offensive so I don't even understand why you would think it was offensive.

I have no idea what you mean by "one of those." I just jokingly said in the original post that I was old enough to remember when we were good. (Which was obviously last year.) I guess you are "one of those" that take everything too literal and don't understand when someone is making a little bit of a joke so you were so kind to inform me of the school's history in which I graduated from and follow closely.

Thank you for your service as a fact checker for West Florida football and uh I guess your commendable positive thinking haha. You are like the message board mother Teresa without the sense of humor.
                  Last edited by West Florida; 10-18-2023, 02:37 PM.
                  * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by Argonut View Post
                    As a new school starting a program in the era of Oregon anything goes unis, I’m not surprised the Argos have tried a lot of looks. If the players like it and it’s helps recruiting I’m all for it. Like anyone I have my favorites and please try agains.

Helmets- Bring back the original blue helmets! They were the best part of the original unis and changing the decals on the white helmets helps, but is no substitute for the original blues with the white masks and edges. Love to see that scheme in green too.

Jerseys- Love the original whites, the green and the lighter blues. Don’t care for the Navy blue or the Dallas Cowboy looking whites.

Pants- Same as jerseys, I love the original whites, green and lighter blues and don’t care for navy blue or plain whites.
                    I can appreciate the different combos and Oregon style changes. I understand we are in that era and I can see why that is a great recruiting tool as well as fun for the fans. I don't think my venting is because we are making constant changes as much as I think I just don't like some of the looks of the changes and how we can't score anymore. I follow the program as close as about anyone and even I don't even know all the colors of blue we consider ourself at this point. With that being said, I don't even really care if we keep changing them as long as we score some touchdowns against schools like West Alabama. When we can't score and we have an ugly decal that doesn't make sense on our helmet than it really looks stupid.

Helmets - I love the style of our stripe. I love the white helmets with UWF. I loved the old blue fading to white look BUT having a blue argo on a blue helmet needed some work. You couldn't see the argo logo on the helmet well at all. They got it right when they put the all navy blue argo head on the white helmet as far as color contrast goes. I'd love to see them bring back the old blue helmets as the alternate helmet but maybe make the argo head all white so that you can actually see it.

Jerseys - I like them all except for the Dallas Cowboys look. I can't not see the Cowboys jerseys when I see those which is what you are saying you don't care for either. I don't have anything against the Cowboys it just doesn't seem like that is a West Florida look. I think when we use the navy blue we need to also use the other blue or green in with it. I like all our other jerseys other than I'm not quite sure about the ones they wore for home coming. Again, I just think because it is a new program, having some level of color consistency would help to establish a better brand for the school/program, that students as well as for everyone else in Pensacola could quickly identify with.

Pants - I miss the stripes on the pants. We had a green stripe and blue strip that looked so good. Now they are just as plain as youth football pants.

Overall what I miss the most is when the all white uniforms had magical powers and we knew if we wore those on the road it was impossible to lose. CalifOKRA, I'm old enough to remember when UWF couldn't lose in the all whites. I miss the Trap Tour. If you know, you know.
                    * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

I can appreciate the different combos and Oregon style changes. I understand we are in that era and I can see why that is a great recruiting tool as well as fun for the fans. I don't think my venting is because we are making constant changes as much as I think I just don't like some of the looks of the changes and how we can't score anymore. I follow the program as close as about anyone and even I don't even know all the colors of blue we consider ourself at this point. With that being said, I don't even really care if we keep changing them as long as we score some touchdowns against schools like West Alabama. When we can't score and we have an ugly decal that doesn't make sense on our helmet than it really looks stupid.

Helmets - I love the style of our stripe. I love the white helmets with UWF. I loved the old blue fading to white look BUT having a blue argo on a blue helmet needed some work. You couldn't see the argo logo on the helmet well at all. They got it right when they put the all navy blue argo head on the white helmet as far as color contrast goes. I'd love to see them bring back the old blue helmets as the alternate helmet but maybe make the argo head all white so that you can actually see it.

Jerseys - I like them all except for the Dallas Cowboys look. I can't not see the Cowboys jerseys when I see those which is what you are saying you don't care for either. I don't have anything against the Cowboys it just doesn't seem like that is a West Florida look. I think when we use the navy blue we need to also use the other blue or green in with it. I like all our other jerseys other than I'm not quite sure about the ones they wore for home coming. Again, I just think because it is a new program, having some level of color consistency would help to establish a better brand for the school/program, that students as well as for everyone else in Pensacola could quickly identify with.

Pants - I miss the stripes on the pants. We had a green stripe and blue strip that looked so good. Now they are just as plain as youth football pants.

Overall what I miss the most is when the all white uniforms had magical powers and we knew if we wore those on the road it was impossible to lose. CalifOKRA, I'm old enough to remember when UWF couldn't lose in the all whites. I miss the Trap Tour. If you know, you know.
                      Man, things have really changed over the years.

When I played:
                      We had to walk to our away games.
                      We thought a JOCK STRAP was the rope we held our britches up with. All the players pants are the same color now?
                      A MOUTH PIECE was our mammas yelling at us from the sideline.
                      The term TOOTHBRUSH was more appropriate in those days.
                      Some days we did dress like the COWBOYS, Cow patty stains on our "game" shirts. (I think JERSEY was in fact named after a cow)
                      Some of us actually had hemets. We got them from our team mates that didn't need them anymore. (At least that's what they kept saying)
                      We all had to play multiple positions. The coach asked me after our thrower got hurt if I could pass a football..
                      I assured him that if I could swallow it, I could most likely pass it.

AWHHHHH the good old days.

Comment

🤣🤣🤣

Comment

I can relate to Larold’s experience. My youth league team played some teams who played barefoot!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X