Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delta State vs. West Florida (18 Nov 23)

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shugley View Post
    Great win DSU! UWF fans. Please learn from the example of VSU. Valdosta was terrible last year. Look at them this year. It takes time for a new coach to adjust and implement their own system. Y’all will be back.
    Absolutely, the talent is there. It's just each coach needs a high level of buy in from players and generally that comes mostly from players that are recruited by the current coach.

Comment

• Delta State played a near flawless game except for the to be expected trash talking that piled up a few more penalties than usual for them. I can understand that release of years of frustration at losing to the Argos at home and that it probably won’t happen with future opponents in the playoffs. Good luck in the upcoming rounds-you have a team capable of winning it all.

As for next year, if Marcus Stokes stays an Argo this offense will likely be even more explosive than the Austin Reed era. Stokes is an extremely talented runner with speed and shiftiness and he throws a catchable high delivery ball with touch and the capability to go deep. He also likes to throw to the TE a la Brady to Gronkowski and mixes up short, middle and deep balls that, with his running abilities, would supercharge the Argo offense like Shegog does for Delta’s offense.

The Argo offense has been run and play action deep to Durden and Jiles the last two seasons, which is not a bad strategy with a good defense, but it doesn’t work against teams that can stifle the run game and cover deep. The lack of a short and medium passing game has caused too many three and outs and inconsistent drives that gets exposed against good teams like Ferris, FAMU and Delta. Hoping whoever is QB next year can correct that problem and really hoping it’s Stokes.

Enjoy the ride through the playoffs and carry the GSC flag high.

Comment

• Durn we were hoping WFla would win the GSC tournament so they could come back up to LR. Oh well great win Delta that’s an impressive victory against a good opponent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
          Durn we were hoping WFla would win the GSC tournament so they could come back up to LR. Oh well great win Delta that’s an impressive victory against a good opponent.
          Well if we survive the blood bath that is the GSC Tournament, I promise we'll be an excellent host, I just need you to promise to bring your A game

Comment

• I didn’t realize how big Delta’s margin of victory has been this entire season. Impressive.
            Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

• Originally posted by UNALions View Post
              I didn’t realize how big Delta’s margin of victory has been this entire season. Impressive.
              I agree! I remember the cardiac kids of late 00’s and early teens. I prefer it this way!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X